+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US PCC question

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi all,
My US PCC says "A search of the fingerprints provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI. This does not preclude further criminal history at the state or local level". Is this usual? Does this mean I need to get a clearance at state level as well?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.

iraq85

Dec 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydeny, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
7-10-2016
Passport Req..
17-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
immigrationfun said:
Hi all,
My US PCC says "A search of the fingerprints provided by this individual has revealed no prior arrest data at the FBI. This does not preclude further criminal history at the state or local level". Is this usual? Does this mean I need to get a clearance at state level as well?
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Nope. All US PCC issued by FBI have the same statement which is pretty standard. This PCC should be enough for CIC.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
immigrationfun said:
Not likely, but possible (IRCC would request it, you don't need to worry about it up front). Most, but not all, states upload their records to the FBI database. If you happened to have lived in one of those states that do not, it is possible that IRCC request the state clearance. But no need to worry about it unless they do.

iftek

Jan 24, 2018
Hi, I have a few queries regarding the PCC from USA

I applied for the PCC or in this instance the FBI clearance from USA, but I had used the mailing address that is in USA, I currently reside in Bangladesh, and when applying for the Express Entry, it will be through my country (Bangladesh)

My concern is that the FBI clearance has the United State's mailing address. Will this raise any sort of flag with the IRCC?