+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US new grad RN wants to move Canada

Missdee

Jan 30, 2009
TX, US
Hi
I am a US trained nurse but am not a US citizen or green card. I graduated in May 2008 with my Bachelors degree in US and accepted new grad position in a hospital.I am currently working with my work permit which international students in US get post graduation. I would have 10 months nursing experience by end of June when my work permit expires. I am planning to move to Canada and get PR eventually. I wanna work in British columbia and Ontario. The problem is I don't know where to start from. So, I wanna know what is the first step that I should take in current situation. Do I have to find employer first ?? Would I be qualified coz I only have 10 months experience ?? Are there nursing recuitment agency and what are pros and cons? I am currently preparing for CRNE and started my paper work to take CRNE in BC. It would be of great help if someone could answer my questions!!

Merci Beaucoup :)

Missdee

Jan 30, 2009
TX, US
Hey BC guy

Whats pros and cons using Health Match BC vs Future Canada. Which is faster one for processing since I have already been in US for 5 years in a legal status but not US citizen or GC. Would I be able to apply from one of visa consulate in US Seattle or Buffalo? How much fees do each agency charge? Your feedback and help would be so much appreciated.

mucho gracias!!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Missdee said:
Hey BC guy

Whats pros and cons using Health Match BC vs Future Canada. Which is faster one for processing since I have already been in US for 5 years in a legal status but not US citizen or GC. Would I be able to apply from one of visa consulate in US Seattle or Buffalo? How much fees do each agency charge? Your feedback and help would be so much appreciated.

mucho gracias!!
Health Match BC doesnt charge anything because its a provincial agency BUT you have to wait a while,Future search places you in a few months and charges for licensing but not placement fees that is illegal.They charge for doing your immigration papers because they bring you in under PNP as an immigrant together with your family,You arrive as A canadian PR

needguidance

Nov 8, 2019
Hi
I am a US trained nurse but am not a US citizen or green card. I graduated in May 2008 with my Bachelors degree in US and accepted new grad position in a hospital.I am currently working with my work permit which international students in US get post graduation. I would have 10 months nursing experience by end of June when my work permit expires. I am planning to move to Canada and get PR eventually. I wanna work in British columbia and Ontario. The problem is I don't know where to start from. So, I wanna know what is the first step that I should take in current situation. Do I have to find employer first ?? Would I be qualified coz I only have 10 months experience ?? Are there nursing recuitment agency and what are pros and cons? I am currently preparing for CRNE and started my paper work to take CRNE in BC. It would be of great help if someone could answer my questions!!

Merci Beaucoup :)
How did this end up for you? I am in a similar situation