+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Immigration Suspension

nvap23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
There is a lot in the news since last night about a possible suspension of immigration into US such as:
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/04/trump-to-suspend-immigration-to-u-s-0414182.html
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/20/politics/donald-trump-immigration-halt-coronavirus/index.html

It looks like US is now working to draft the executive order and is expected to be completed in the next few days.
Although it is not clear on what the restrictions would be, I am starting this thread to help keep on updates

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Why are you posting about US immigration here?
I think a lot of folks are in USA who want to move to Canada. So, they might be impacted how it unfolds. So for a few a trip to Canada may end up being a one way drive.

nvap23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2020
Just because the root thread is related to H-1B Holders in the U.S. and many people here would be interested

Reactions: prusa

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
As above so many people here commute back and forth to the US and Trump in his usual fashion tweets seemingly random things possibly after watching state TV (FOX) just to keep his base wound up .

In this case he just said immigration was going to be halted which could mean anything at the time but in fact so far seems to be new Green Card applications which are in any case since the start of this pandemic on hold anyway. But he has achieved the result he wanted to both keep his base wound up and get everyone elses attention deflected yet again from the mess he and his administration are creating.

Reactions: ryeCatcher

lysagrey

Dec 10, 2020
I am not really happy about that particular piece of news. I have been in the process of applying for an E2 visa and now because of these decisions they have suspended all the active cases. I am not extremely happy about that but I am very glad that I have an amazing lawyer that is keeping tabs on practically everything. I actually started the whole process because I got an amazing job opportunity in LA. I was really happy about it and as soon as I could I started looking for a good lawyer that would help me out with all the legal details that I have very little knowledge it. I googled something in the lines of e2 visa law Los Angeles and after talking with about a dozen different law firms I managed to find my guy. The first time I talked to him he seemed like a really smart guy and he has some really amazing cases under his belt. I have been very happy when he agreed to take on my case. It has not been a smooth enough ride right now and I still have to wait before I get my visa but I think that everything will work out well at the end. Wish me luck