Interview........
no
Passport Req..
first week of january
VISA ISSUED...
24/1/14
LANDED..........
13 nov, a day before the visa expires
i was wondering if the route of contacting recruiting agencies for jobs is pretty common for future immigrants?
I know a lot of jobs need canadian experience but i wanna know about it in IT field, if that is true?
Does anyone have any experience in getting a job after contacting a recruiting agency.
Also i was a student in US and have worked in restaurants so i dont mind working for 2-3 months as a server and volunteering in the daytime
for the tech job, so that i dont feel frustrated sitting at home and looking for job, because some people think some jobs are lower than others.
job is a job, gotta do it. I have already sent my pp to ottawa for stamping so waiting for COPR.
So if anyone has contacted recruiting agency, could they please share it so it could help others are well.
thank u kindly.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I had no "Canadian" experience when I got hired by a Canadian company. They sponsored my work permit. Up until that time, I had only worked in the US. The tech sector seems to me to be the least discriminating in regards to experience abroad.

shahbaz_saif

Sep 3, 2014
Hi Friends and Experts,

I am little confused about my immigration.

I have a valid H1B petition which will be active from Oct 1st, 2014 onwards.. It will be stamped by next 2-3months or so.. I will be travelling to US after that.

Also i will be applying for Canadian PR in FSW program next week as my Family is applying for that as well.

1- NOW CAN ANY TIME PLEASE TELL ME.. WILL MY H1B STATUS GET HAMPERED IF I GET A CANADIAN PR VISA STAMPED.?

2- CAN H1B VISA AND CANADIAN PR GO PARALLELY WITHOUT ANY HASSLE ? AND I CAN WORK IN THE US AND GO TO CANADA FOR ALL THE FORMALITY WORK OF POST LANDING AND COME BACK. ?
Not too clear about the NAFTA regulations.

Please i need your expert advice asap. Thanks in advance.

rahulaanshi

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Hello,

I have similar situation, and have questions -

1) if I go to Canada on PR visa..? Do I need to to any additional process to come back US if I already have US visa/status...?

2) In current process, CIC will give first PR visa with expiry date (it could be 6 months long). Can we land one day before expiry day..? Does counting of days to maintain PR status (730 days out of 5 yrs) starts after landing day OR the date when you get PR visa on your passport..?

3) After coming back, can i stay in US continuously for 2 yrs and then by that time after getting job in Canada, can i go back to stay there for 3 yrs to maintain PR..?

4) If I don;t want Canadian citizenship, Can I stay permanently on PR card..? and leave country for job in US..?

Regards,

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rahulaanshi said:
Hello,

I have similar situation, and have questions -

1) if I go to Canada on PR visa..? Do I need to to any additional process to come back US if I already have US visa/status...?

2) In current process, CIC will give first PR visa with expiry date (it could be 6 months long). Can we land one day before expiry day..? Does counting of days to maintain PR status (730 days out of 5 yrs) starts after landing day OR the date when you get PR visa on your passport..?

3) After coming back, can i stay in US continuously for 2 yrs and then by that time after getting job in Canada, can i go back to stay there for 3 yrs to maintain PR..?

4) If I don;t want Canadian citizenship, Can I stay permanently on PR card..? and leave country for job in US..?

Regards,
1. No, Canadian PR visa does not affect your US visa
2. Sure. Though I wouldn't until the last day to land just in case something happens that can delay you. The counting of PR status days starts on the day you officially LAND
3. Yes
4. Yes... as long as you always meet the 730 days in any 5 year period requirement.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahbaz_saif said:
Hi Friends and Experts,

I am little confused about my immigration.

I have a valid H1B petition which will be active from Oct 1st, 2014 onwards.. It will be stamped by next 2-3months or so.. I will be travelling to US after that.

Also i will be applying for Canadian PR in FSW program next week as my Family is applying for that as well.

1- NOW CAN ANY TIME PLEASE TELL ME.. WILL MY H1B STATUS GET HAMPERED IF I GET A CANADIAN PR VISA STAMPED.?

2- CAN H1B VISA AND CANADIAN PR GO PARALLELY WITHOUT ANY HASSLE ? AND I CAN WORK IN THE US AND GO TO CANADA FOR ALL THE FORMALITY WORK OF POST LANDING AND COME BACK. ?
Not too clear about the NAFTA regulations.

Please i need your expert advice asap. Thanks in advance.
1. No

2. No hassle. You can work in the US and go to Canada. NAFTA doesnt apply to you in anyway, you arent a citizen of either country.

shahbaz_saif

Sep 3, 2014
Hi Friends and Family,

Need an advice!!

My condition - I have a valid H1B US visa valid till 2017 end. will be travelling to US in Jan2015. I work in a IT industry.

Now, in the mean time, i had also prepared all my documentations and relevant required certificates like WES Report , IELTS , Fundings ..etc for CANADA PR - FSW Program.

I am little confused whether to apply for FSW or Not as i am thinking of applying next month.

1- Will i be able to use my Canadian PR Visa?
2- Will it add any advantage in near future as my H1B has an 3+3 extension facility as well.
3- As WES Report is valid for 5 years and IELTS Report is valid for 2years. Can i apply again after 2years from United States?
4- Please help me to understand the criticalities of Canada PR as my Elder sister and family is also migrating to Canada which urged to apply as well.?

Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

cheers!!

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shahbaz_saif said:
Hi Friends and Family,

Need an advice!!

My condition - I have a valid H1B US visa valid till 2017 end. will be travelling to US in Jan2015. I work in a IT industry.

Now, in the mean time, i had also prepared all my documentations and relevant required certificates like WES Report , IELTS , Fundings ..etc for CANADA PR - FSW Program.

I am little confused whether to apply for FSW or Not as i am thinking of applying next month.

1- Will i be able to use my Canadian PR Visa?
2- Will it add any advantage in near future as my H1B has an 3+3 extension facility as well.
3- As WES Report is valid for 5 years and IELTS Report is valid for 2years. Can i apply again after 2years from United States?
4- Please help me to understand the criticalities of Canada PR as my Elder sister and family is also migrating to Canada which urged to apply as well.?

Thanks in advance for the suggestion.

cheers!!
I dont understand your questions, you are going in circles. But to apply from the US, or any country, you either have to be a citizen of that country or have legal residence for at least a year. If you move there early 2015 then you will have to wait until early 2016 before you apply to immigrate to Canada.

Simran8906

May 7, 2016
I am canadian pr but right now i am staying in states on H1 B visa to do my residency, i got married in december 2015 and my wife is accomapnying me here in usa on H 4 visa. I have applied for her spousal sponsorship for canada because my whole family is residing over there and i have strong intention to go back to the canada. When ndvd will ask for her passport. Then she have to go back to india? I am confused how will it works? I shall thankyou if you can help???

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Simran8906 said:
I am canadian pr but right now i am staying in states on H1 B visa to do my residency, i got married in december 2015 and my wife is accomapnying me here in usa on H 4 visa. I have applied for her spousal sponsorship for canada because my whole family is residing over there and i have strong intention to go back to the canada. When ndvd will ask for her passport. Then she have to go back to india? I am confused how will it works? I shall thankyou if you can help???
If you are a PR, you are required to reside in Canada during her entire PR processing. Since you are residing in the US, your application may simply be cancelled when CIC learns of this. The reason you are in the US is irrelevant, all that matters is you don't current reside in Canada so don't qualify to sponsor your wife at this time.

Simran8906

May 7, 2016
Oh really? So sad to hear that, even if i have property over there and i still pay my tax in canada, then they will cancel my sponsorship file? Its really pathetic beacuse i will be returning back the very next year.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Simran8906 said:
Oh really? So sad to hear that, even if i have property over there and i still pay my tax in canada, then they will cancel my sponsorship file? Its really pathetic beacuse i will be returning back the very next year.
Yes - you should expect your application to be refused since you are not residing in Canada. It doesn't matter that you plan to return next year - you need to be physically residing in Canada as a PR in order to qualify to sponsor your spouse. This rule is in place to prevent abuses of the PR process and to ensure those applying to sponsor their spouses are actually committed to living in Canada.

I would withdraw your application rather than waiting for it to be refused. You should not apply again until you have returned to live in Canada.

mshaikh

Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2011
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-10-2011 (Initial review is complete)
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Buffalo - Ottawa (June 2012)
Med's Request
23-10-2013
Med's Done....
21-11-2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
13-2-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2014
LANDED..........
23-9-2014
Good thread. My situation - Canada PR + Landing, USA H1+approved I140. Will be marrying this year, gotta decide if I should Move to Canada and sponsor my spouse or stay back in USA and apply H4. In any case, not planning to keep my feet on two boats - I will decide and either move and find job in Canada or stay back and work towards getting my USA GC.

Klystomane

Feb 5, 2013
jomz said:
All correct. Just from what you posted before it read he can live as PR outside while his wife is in Canada, because this is where she is now. Not with him.

As for # 3 above, I wish they counted it LOL I want to work outside Canada (Im a citizen) sponsoring my husband for PR, but I dont want to delay his Citizenship :(
Assuming you stay married and are physically together forever, what is the downside to delaying citizenship?