+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US FBI PCC validity

Manan87

Jul 6, 2018
Hi, I am in Indian citizen working in the US (Chicago). I received an ITA and filed my eAPR on July 24 this year. I obtained my US PCC (FBI letter) on April 7. I have been living in the US continously since then.

Most of the people say that as long as my PCC is not more than 6 months old, I should be fine. However, I did come across a couple of threads that said the PCC should not be over 90 days old. My PCC was 108 days old at the time I submitted my eAPR. So, thats more than than 90 days, but under 6 months.

Do you think I will be OK. If not, do I need to have another FBI report (US PCC) generated and sent before my application is adjudicated. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Hi, I am in Indian citizen working in the US (Chicago). I received an ITA and filed my eAPR on July 24 this year. I obtained my US PCC (FBI letter) on April 7. I have been living in the US continously since then.

Most of the people say that as long as my PCC is not more than 6 months old, I should be fine. However, I did come across a couple of threads that said the PCC should not be over 90 days old. My PCC was 108 days old at the time I submitted my eAPR. So, thats more than than 90 days, but under 6 months.

Do you think I will be OK. If not, do I need to have another FBI report (US PCC) generated and sent before my application is adjudicated. Your inputs would be greatly appreciated.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#police-cert

“For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR”

Cubicrootofthee

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
13-08-2018
6 months for the current country of residence as the previous poster pointed out.
To alleviate your concerns further, my situation was a submission under 90 days of issue but the application was on hold until we cleared the medicals (deferral). They only care that your FBI PCC is valid on the date of AOR.