+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Abc1234a

Star Member
Dec 31, 2021
Can I reschedule my appointment after I paid the visa fee? only available date is 2023. So can I change ds160 after paying visa fee because after 1 year my situations might be change.

anivargh

Jul 2, 2020
Updated timeline
1) sent passport and supporting documents to us consulate Toronto on December 05, 2021.
2) documents delivered to us consulate on December 07, 2021.
3) ds160 status updated to received on December 08, 2021.
4) Status changed to Administrative Processing on December 21, 2021.
5) Status changed to Issued on December 23, 2021.
6) US Consulate sent the passport on December 29, 2021.
7) Received Passport on December 30,2021.
No additional documents required... Went smoothly. Just took little longer than expected
Is this ur first us visa

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Can I reschedule my appointment after I paid the visa fee? only available date is 2023. So can I change ds160 after paying visa fee because after 1 year my situations might be change.
yes, you need to fill a new ds-160 if you already submitted it, to keep your ds-160 active, what you can do is like opening it for every 30days and submit once you are closer to your appointment date. you need to cancel and schedule your appointment when you change your ds-160(with new ds-160 number) if you want to fill in new ds-160 after an year.

Reactions: Abc1234a

Abc1234a

Star Member
Dec 31, 2021
yes, you need to fill a new ds-160 if you already submitted it, to keep your ds-160 active, what you can do is like opening it for every 30days and submit once you are closer to your appointment date. you need to cancel and schedule your appointment when you change your ds-160(with new ds-160 number) if you want to fill in new ds-160 after an year.
What if I already submitted and create an appointment. Can I reschedule it if I find closer date?

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hello All

I am working on scheduling H1B visa appointment. I have filled up the form for Toronto office and have been asked to submit the documents.

One of the documents asked is a Job offer letter from US Employer. Trying to understand what document i need to send here. I checked with my immigration team and they are saying i need an employment verification letter here. I am a Canadian Employee with the company so my employee verification letter would indicate that i am a Canadian employee. Don't think that is same as a US job offer letter.

I feel like US job offer letter should come from US side of the company that will confirm they have a valid job for me in US.

Can anyone please share thoughts on what document should i include here ?

Sanjida29

Star Member
Jun 20, 2017
I had an interview for B1/b2 from Calgary usa embassy. Officer said he refused my application under administration processing and he said he doesn’t need any further documentation.
but he keeps my passport and told me if he need anything he will call.
What does it mean. If he said it’s refused why does he kept my passport.
Any one have any experience

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
I had an interview for B1/b2 from Calgary usa embassy. Officer said he refused my application under administration processing and he said he doesn’t need any further documentation.
but he keeps my passport and told me if he need anything he will call.
What does it mean. If he said it’s refused why does he kept my passport.
Any one have any experience
Did he ask you to pay $30?
Do you have PR?

benali

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Hello everyone,

I put the wrong DS 160 number for my appointment. Now it says you must cancel your appointment to change the information. My appointment is on Monday and if I cancel it, its at least another year to get an appointment. Any help please?

go4sacchi

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hello All

I am working on scheduling H1B visa appointment. I have filled up the form for Toronto office and have been asked to submit the documents.

One of the documents asked is a Job offer letter from US Employer. Trying to understand what document i need to send here. I checked with my immigration team and they are saying i need an employment verification letter here. I am a Canadian Employee with the company so my employee verification letter would indicate that i am a Canadian employee. Don't think that is same as a US job offer letter.

I feel like US job offer letter should come from US side of the company that will confirm they have a valid job for me in US.

Can anyone please share thoughts on what document should i include here ?
@sachin80 Please read the instructions carefully. The job offer letter requirement is for H1B1 visa and not H1B. H1B1 is for citizens of Chile and Singapore, do you fall under this category?

(H) TEMPORARY WORKER
  • Receipt Number for your approved petition as it appears on your Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker Form I-129 or Notice of Action Form I-797 from USCIS (does not apply to H1B1 visa applicants).
  • Job offer from United States employer and a Certified Department of Labor approved application (applies to H1B1 visa applicants only).

Reactions: phanisrikanth