+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
Hi I have a question. I am a PR in Canada and a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. My B1/B2 us visa expires in Dec 2021 and I applied online for a renewal and was given directions to mail in my documents and passport. This went to the Ottawa Consular Section.

How long until they process my application and mail back to me?

flimsymammoth

Nov 25, 2018
Hi I have a question. I am a PR in Canada and a citizen of Trinidad and Tobago. My B1/B2 us visa expires in Dec 2021 and I applied online for a renewal and was given directions to mail in my documents and passport. This went to the Ottawa Consular Section.

How long until they process my application and mail back to me?
I'm in the same boat (PR renewing US B1/B2 visa).
Just finished putting together the application for renewal and got directions for mail-in to the Toronto Consular section.

Please update here with your experience.

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
I'm in the same boat (PR renewing US B1/B2 visa).
Just finished putting together the application for renewal and got directions for mail-in to the Toronto Consular section.

Please update here with your experience.
I emailed and they said 4-6 weeks for processing

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
Checked the status of my application today and saw the below. Does this mean I need to book an interview ?

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Application Received
Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created:10-Nov-2021
Case Last Updated:10-Nov-2021

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Ottawa.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Checked the status of my application today and saw the below. Does this mean I need to book an interview ?

U.S. Department of State
NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
Application Received
Application ID or Case Number:
Case Created:10-Nov-2021
Case Last Updated:10-Nov-2021

Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days.
For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy Ottawa.
Are you seeing this is here? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/. Haven't you booked an interview slot before? Did you paid the fee? Or you just created an account and you got above options?

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
Are you seeing this is here? https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/niv/. Haven't you booked an interview slot before? Did you paid the fee? Or you just created an account and you got above options?
Hi when I created the account, paid the fee and filled out forms the only instructions i received was to mail in my package with passport. when i click the link you sent, there is no instructions to schedule an interview. (I am doing a renewal of my existing b1b2 visa that expires in december not a new application)

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Hi when I created the account, paid the fee and filled out forms the only instructions i received was to mail in my package with passport. when i click the link you sent, there is no instructions to schedule an interview. (I am doing a renewal of my existing b1b2 visa that expires in december not a new application)
If thats the case, then you should see "Send documents" option. You might be eligible for dropbox option. Have read someone getting the dropbox option for b1/b2 a month n half ago.

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
May be. This is a new thing i am reading in the forum. Seems like you need to attend an interview/wait for additional instructions.
When I called the officer said that an interview is not always needed for visa renewals so I guess if needed they will let me know.

flimsymammoth

Nov 25, 2018
Just an Update in case this is helpful to anyone:

Application to renew a B1/B2 Visa as a Canadian Permanent Resident.

- 11th Nov 2021: Dropped off new and old passports + supporting documents to Canada Post (Toronto)
- 12th Nov 2021: Passports reached US Consulate in Toronto
- 19th Nov 2021: Passports dispatched from US Consulate, Toronto
- 22nd Nov 2021: Passports received at post office with US B1/B2 Visa stamp

No interviews or additional supporting documents requested. Very smooth process.

Reactions: chaudri

Nel1989

Jul 27, 2019
This is great! Unfortunately they requested an interview for me and sent back my passport. I’m unable to get an appointment until Dec 2022 so hoping there is some cancellation for me to get a sooner appointment.

cpsingh

Star Member
Jul 29, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Is US Visa processing/appointments happening from Toronto ? Can anyone share the link where I can see the same.

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Just an Update in case this is helpful to anyone:

Application to renew a B1/B2 Visa as a Canadian Permanent Resident.

- 11th Nov 2021: Dropped off new and old passports + supporting documents to Canada Post (Toronto)
- 12th Nov 2021: Passports reached US Consulate in Toronto
- 19th Nov 2021: Passports dispatched from US Consulate, Toronto
- 22nd Nov 2021: Passports received at post office with US B1/B2 Visa stamp

No interviews or additional supporting documents requested. Very smooth process.
Were you previously having B1/B2 and renewing it now? or you have moved from other type Visa to B1/B2 now?