+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US Embassy in Toronto - US visa appnts

stscorcher

Jun 9, 2022
i have been refreshing the "Check my visa application page" every half an hour!!
come next tuesday it will be two months with only a ghost update to show for it... !!
going through this as a canadian PR who is using this as transitory phase with family back in the states is a whole lot of unwanted hotelling expense. Not sure if this is some kind of lesson the embassy is trying to "teach"!!!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
i have been refreshing the "Check my visa application page" every half an hour!!
come next tuesday it will be two months with only a ghost update to show for it... !!
going through this as a canadian PR who is using this as transitory phase with family back in the states is a whole lot of unwanted hotelling expense. Not sure if this is some kind of lesson the embassy is trying to "teach"!!!
Thats bad. Few people are getting it quicker and for few others its delayed. How cannot they streamline the process. Its really frustrating i know. Did the tweet thing worked?

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Thats bad. Few people are getting it quicker and for few others its delayed. How cannot they streamline the process. Its really frustrating i know. Did the tweet thing worked?
The least they can do is at least indicate which date apps are being processed - FBI PCC used to do that - even IRCC at least indicates it for Citizenship AOR - why embassy can’t do it is strange.

Reactions: swan0206

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Other consulates are better, some applications from June 1st week are already processed in Vancouver. Ottawa is processing around May 16th applications. No clue/pattern with Toronto.

charlie78797

Jun 7, 2022
Hi All,

I attended interview at Toronto Consulate on MAR 21 on B1/B2 visa. The officer returned my passport and asked me to wait the email for further instruction. On APR 29 thanks God I received the email requesting resume for AP. I attached the my resume and replied to the email as instructed on the same day. So far I have NOT HEARD ANYTHING from the consulate. Does anyone know if they are actually working? What should I do in this CASE? It's so frustrating on what they did to us. I am Canadian PR and previously worked in US with H1B ( and this's why AP).

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi All,

I attended interview at Toronto Consulate on MAR 21 on B1/B2 visa. The officer returned my passport and asked me to wait the email for further instruction. On APR 29 thanks God I received the email requesting resume for AP. I attached the my resume and replied to the email as instructed on the same day. So far I have NOT HEARD ANYTHING from the consulate. Does anyone know if they are actually working? What should I do in this CASE? It's so frustrating on what they did to us. I am Canadian PR and previously worked in US with H1B ( and this's why AP).
What does your case status show on the website and when was the last update date? A few of us from Apr 29 hace just entered AP status today - hopefully they will pick up your too - as you say it’s frustrating not knowing what’s going on - literally a black hole - good thing you have your passport with you!

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Hi All,

Resume for B1/B2 - that is quite a strange request

charlie78797

Jun 7, 2022
What does your case status show on the website and when was the last update date? A few of us from Apr 29 hace just entered AP status today - hopefully they will pick up your too - as you say it’s frustrating not knowing what’s going on - literally a black hole - good thing you have your passport with you!
Case status on CEAC is refused and last update date still Mar 25...not sure why

jitheshani

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Woo hoo - great news - looks like they are listening and processing all our apps - Administrative Processing for me too - @jitheshani Hope you are also joining the party

Now let’s see whenis the next update - 1 more working hour left
Happy for you guys!! Hope it goes through the subsequent steps fast. I am gonna keep an eye for another GU as my application is relatively new compared to yours. As far as they are processing fast and in chronological order I am happy to wait for another 2 weeks. :)

Reactions: karthik2479