+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US criminal record check

alpha1234

Mar 15, 2010
Hi all,

Just a quick question. I have lived in many different states in the US. To apply for CEC, would I need to get a criminal record check from the FBI and from every single state that I have lived in since the age of 18 ? Or would I just need the one from FBI?

Thanks!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLish/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

At this time, state certificates are not required to be submitted with the application, but the local visa office may (or may not) request them later.

This time last year, CIC was requiring state certificates for all (they changed the rules again late 2009) - I was planning to apply under the FSW and had to get PCCs from 7 states. So you're not the only one:)

Doesn't hurt to keep checking the CIC website for updates...

YME

Feb 27, 2010
Holy, CIC tend to change the requirements so often. :eek:

I`m in the process of CEC and I submitted the documents with FBI criminal record; and now I`m waiting for my results from 2 states that I used to live in.

Seems like each state has a different way to do the criminal record(Eg. they have the specific form that you must use), so it takes time and a little annoying; however, like jes_ON said, you are not the only one. Here I am, I am doing the same thing too.

GERALDINE

Mar 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Washington State free criminal check are easy to find online. Washington has an excellent system as far as their website information about numerous topics. All searches are subject to terms of use and applicable law. Information contained herein is derived from records that may have errors and/or not always be accurate or complete. You can easily access the full disclaimer page.