+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us citizen with visitor record travel outside Canada and back

ohniamh

Apr 16, 2024
Hi, I had a question about the visitor record.
My wife is currently in canada on a visitor record valid until March 2025 and she’s a US citizen. We were looking to take a trip in the summer to Japan, but anything I’ve tried to find on the government website stated that you need a valid form to get back in and it shows that US citizens need a valid passport and that the visitor record isn’t guaranteed re-entry. Is there an additional form we need? We’ve tried to reach out to someone through the help form on the Canada government website but they just sent links back and didn’t acknowledge our inquiry.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I had a question about the visitor record.
My wife is currently in canada on a visitor record valid until March 2025 and she’s a US citizen. We were looking to take a trip in the summer to Japan, but anything I’ve tried to find on the government website stated that you need a valid form to get back in and it shows that US citizens need a valid passport and that the visitor record isn’t guaranteed re-entry. Is there an additional form we need? We’ve tried to reach out to someone through the help form on the Canada government website but they just sent links back and didn’t acknowledge our inquiry.
She would re-enter Canada based on her US passport. There is no way to guarantee re-entry.