+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US citizen visiting Canada

jun_1.8T

Nov 12, 2017
Hi All,

Here is my story. My girlfriend is a US citizen and she has an online work. So basically she can work remotely. She comes and visits me for 2-4 months at a time. Especially recently she wants to stay with me more often. More recently she went back to the US and now wanted to come back again after only a couple of weeks. But this time she just wanted to stay for only 2-3 weeks. My questions are:

1. Will this be an issue with Immigration if she stays here longer than in the US?

2. Can she tell Immigration that she has a boyfriend here that she visits and stays frequently?

3. She will be gone for a few months after her planned 2-3 weeks visit here. So she won’t be coming back until next Spring as I would be the one visiting the US.

Please help clarify this.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

Here is my story. My girlfriend is a US citizen and she has an online work. So basically she can work remotely. She comes and visits me for 2-4 months at a time. Especially recently she wants to stay with me more often. More recently she went back to the US and now wanted to come back again after only a couple of weeks. But this time she just wanted to stay for only 2-3 weeks. My questions are:

1. Will this be an issue with Immigration if she stays here longer than in the US?

2. Can she tell Immigration that she has a boyfriend here that she visits and stays frequently?

3. She will be gone for a few months after her planned 2-3 weeks visit here. So she won’t be coming back until next Spring as I would be the one visiting the US.

Please help clarify this.

Thanks.
1. Whether she is allowed into Canada and for how long is always up to CBSA. Generally speaking you want to spend more time outside of Canada than inside of Canada in any given year (general rule). You ideally also want to be able to show ties to your home country (e.g. job, assets, property).
2. Hard to say. Might make CBSA concerned she has plans to remain in Canada long term.
3. See above.