+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us citizen coming for business travel

Ryanc1890

Dec 11, 2016
Hello,
My company wants to setup a subsidiary office in Canada. Being on the executive level, does anyone know if I would be considered “essential” to be allowed to travel in to Canada? It’s a great opportunity and really would like to make this work out. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
My company wants to setup a subsidiary office in Canada. Being on the executive level, does anyone know if I would be considered “essential” to be allowed to travel in to Canada? It’s a great opportunity and really would like to make this work out. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
You’ve been posting the same thing for 4 years.

Ryanc1890

Dec 11, 2016
You’ve been posting the same thing for 4 years.
Hi Canuck78; yes I did post questions earlier about inter company transfers. At this point I am just wondering if I am allowed to still enter the country to continue the work.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Canuck78; yes I did post questions earlier about inter company transfers. At this point I am just wondering if I am allowed to still enter the country to continue the work.
This isn’t an inter company transfer since you have no offices yet or has that changed in 4 years. You can’t just arrive in Canada and set up your Canadian offices. You need a permit.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
In any case currently believe this would probably be considered non essential travel from the US to Canada plus of course there is the 14 day quarantine to take into account. Plus as above cannot simply arrive in the country and set up business

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,
You would need to obtain a work permit in order to move ahead with this. This wouldn't be classified as business travel, but rather moving to Canada under a work permit.

Provided you can obtain an approved work permit, yes, you will be allowed to enter. Under the current rules, you would be required to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival.

Work permit applications are not being accepted at the border at this time due to COVID-19. So you would need to apply for the work permit in advance and would only be able to move to Canada once the work permit is approved.