+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-Canada PR holder

divyalaxmi

Jun 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My fiance is a Citizen of America and i am a permanent resident of Canada. We got engaged in March and planning a court wedding in August. My Canadian citizenship is in process. I also have a tourist visa for 10 years for the USA. We both have white collar jobs and doing well financially. I have a few questions and need some help from people who have undergone the same process.
My questions are -
1. Is it better to get court married in Canada over USA? Me being a PR of Canada have tourist visa only. Going to the USA and getting married to the spouse does that create issues in application.
2. Can i apply for Work visa (I-765) along with the green card?
3. Ones my fiance sponsors me for a green card to USA (after we get married) how long is the processing time to get the green card. Do people get the green card sooner then the estimated time period?

Thank you for your valuable time in advance.
Divya

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Hello Everyone,
My fiance is a Citizen of America and i am a permanent resident of Canada. We got engaged in March and planning a court wedding in August. My Canadian citizenship is in process. I also have a tourist visa for 10 years for the USA. We both have white collar jobs and doing well financially. I have a few questions and need some help from people who have undergone the same process.
My questions are -
1. Is it better to get court married in Canada over USA? Me being a PR of Canada have tourist visa only. Going to the USA and getting married to the spouse does that create issues in application.
3. Ones my fiance sponsors me for a green card to USA (after we get married) how long is the processing time to get the green card. Do people get the green card sooner then the estimated time period?

Divya
You need to head over to US forums for questions specific to US immigration. This board is for people wanting to bring families to Canada.

caseyarnold

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hello Everyone,
My questions are -

Divya
You're moving to the US? Weird flex, but this forum is for people who wish to immigrate/study/work in Canada, not leave it lol.