+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-Canada Daily Border Crossing

mistyday

Jan 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I currently live in the US (Seattle) on H4 visa and I recently got a job offer in Vancouver, Canada. And my husband has a job in Bellevue, WA.
Both of us hold Indian passports. We are looking at options of living together closer to the border on the US side like Bellingham, WA and commute daily to work.

1) Has anyone ever done this? Please share your experience
2) Is it OK to cross the border everyday? I have heard a lot of people living in border cities do that. But I don't personally know anyone who has done this.

Any little information will help!

Thanks

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
you'll be able to cross the border daily for as long as CBSA allows you too. If your husband doesn't have a work permit in canada, daily visits will raise suspicion and more than likely they will pull him into secondary to confirm what he's doing. he can only enter canada as a visitor, so he wants to act like one. he can't look like he's living in canada and commuting to the us daily. that is a sure fire way to get red-flagged.

mistyday

Jan 11, 2017
Thanks for your response. It will be me who will be crossing the border everyday as we are planning to live on the US side.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
mistyday said:
Thanks for your response. It will be me who will be crossing the border everyday as we are planning to live on the US side.
then your entries will be subject to CBSA's (canada) and CPB's (US) discretion. if they don't like you commuting back and forth, they will let you know! i believe there are many people who do this regularly without issue. trust me, you'll know if it becomes an issue.

Harry001in

Aug 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I currently live in the US (Seattle) on H4 visa and I recently got a job offer in Vancouver, Canada. And my husband has a job in Bellevue, WA.
Both of us hold Indian passports. We are looking at options of living together closer to the border on the US side like Bellingham, WA and commute daily to work.

1) Has anyone ever done this? Please share your experience
2) Is it OK to cross the border everyday? I have heard a lot of people living in border cities do that. But I don't personally know anyone who has done this.

Any little information will help!

Thanks
Hi,

Have you been cross commuting for work daily? Can you please share your experiences.
Thanks.