+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Us-Canada Border refugee claim

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Hello everyone, I hope you are all staying safe and having a great one.

I would kindly like to know if somebody have had any experience or knows somebody that had an active asylum claim (but not yet provided any hearing date) in the United States and had come to Canada to apply for refugee status, considering that the person have family blood-related in here.

That would be greatly appreciated to share your experience or knowledge to see if this would be possible.

Thank you

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

I would kindly like to know if somebody have had any experience or knows somebody that had an active asylum claim (but not yet provided any hearing date) in the United States and had come to Canada to apply for refugee status, considering that the person have family blood-related in here.

That would be greatly appreciated to share your experience or knowledge to see if this would be possible.

Thank you
Im not sure if this answer your question but That person may not be eligible to Make claim in Canada provided he made refugee claim in the United States

"arrived from a country that has an information sharing agreement with Canada and that country confirms that you already made a refugee claim there. The list of countries includes the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Thank you
That would likely be considered asylum shopping.

UnRefugiado

Mar 24, 2018
Im not sure if this answer your question but That person may not be eligible to Make claim in Canada provided he made refugee claim in the United States

"arrived from a country that has an information sharing agreement with Canada and that country confirms that you already made a refugee claim there. The list of countries includes the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom"
Hi , thank you for that information. Would you be able to provide me with the article and the source to read more about it? Thank you