+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US born baby to sponsor inland by PR parents

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Leon said:
You can not sponsor the baby as a separate entity in this case. As soon as the baby is born, you and your wife are obligated to report a change in family composition which means that the baby has to be added to her application. This is not negotiable unless the baby is born in Canada and therefore a citizen.
Hi Leon,
Thanks for your reply.
I shall do as you suggest. May I ask though, it seems like it will take 4-6 weeks to get US birth certificate and another 2-3 weeks after that to get US passport... therefore, won't these documents be needed to "add" to my wife's pending application>?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
Hi Leon,
Thanks for your reply.
I shall do as you suggest. May I ask though, it seems like it will take 4-6 weeks to get US birth certificate and another 2-3 weeks after that to get US passport... therefore, won't these documents be needed to "add" to my wife's pending application>?
You will need those documents so you can notify immigration about the situation and intention to add the baby and that you will do so once you have these documents.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Fair enough - That seems logical enough.

So, a cover letter stating baby is born and we are pending birth certificate and passport etc and please can the application be updated to have baby as a dependent added on?

And second point - to whom and where do we send such a letter? To CIC, with generic address in Mississauga and have the file number/UCI as reference or is there a specific address such new information should go to?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
Fair enough - That seems logical enough.

So, a cover letter stating baby is born and we are pending birth certificate and passport etc and please can the application be updated to have baby as a dependent added on?

And second point - to whom and where do we send such a letter? To CIC, with generic address in Mississauga and have the file number/UCI as reference or is there a specific address such new information should go to?
It is not a "please can" because it is obligatory so you should say "baby is born and we will be updating our application and adding the baby as soon as we have these documents". You can even send it now and say "we are expecting a baby on (date) and we will be updating our application and adding the baby as soon as the baby is born and we have the required documents". You should send it to the visa office that is processing your application.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am in USA and I have Canadian PR.I have completed my landing 2 years ago and now we are permanently planning to move to CANADA.
My little son is born in USA and I wasn to apply for his PR.

I have below questions please advice :--

1) I can only apply his PR application once I move to Canada , right ?
2) His application would be outland only as for inland apps it should be sponsor plus children, right ?
3) Any other advice or suggestions please ?

Thanks,
Sumit

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Leon said:
It is not a "please can" because it is obligatory so you should say "baby is born and we will be updating our application and adding the baby as soon as we have these documents". You can even send it now and say "we are expecting a baby on (date) and we will be updating our application and adding the baby as soon as the baby is born and we have the required documents". You should send it to the visa office that is processing your application.
Hi Leon,
My baby is due in a couple of weeks now.Nervous/exciting times. I've contacted the visa office processing my wife's application(Ottawa) about baby's impeding arrival via the information update form online(so far no response from them).
Now I intend to apply for birth certificate stat as soon as baby is born.

That all being said, can you please clarify one important point for me
1) How do I add the baby to my wife's application??
Everyone says on this forum, just add the baby, but no one explains how this addition is to be done... Is there a form that needs to be filled - if so, what is this form?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
Hi Leon,
My baby is due in a couple of weeks now.Nervous/exciting times. I've contacted the visa office processing my wife's application(Ottawa) about baby's impeding arrival via the information update form online(so far no response from them).
Now I intend to apply for birth certificate stat as soon as baby is born.

That all being said, can you please clarify one important point for me
1) How do I add the baby to my wife's application??
Everyone says on this forum, just add the baby, but no one explains how this addition is to be done... Is there a form that needs to be filled - if so, what is this form?
It's not a one single form to add baby. You must go through the whole application package and instructions and figure out on which forms the baby appears. Then you need to re-do those forms, pay the application fee for the baby and send that to your visa office with a cover letter stating that your baby is born and you want to add it to the application.

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

One query please :--

I am on PR card in Canada and I will get OHIP after 3 months, But for my 1 year old son ( He was born in USA) who is here on visitor visa how and where to buy private insurance please ?

Please suggest.

cbsg

Star Member
Dec 8, 2017
Hi All,

I am in USA and I have Canadian PR.I have completed my landing 2 years ago and now we are permanently planning to move to CANADA.
My little son is born in USA and I wasn to apply for his PR.

I have below questions please advice :--

1) I can only apply his PR application once I move to Canada , right ?
2) His application would be outland only as for inland apps it should be sponsor plus children, right ?
3) Any other advice or suggestions please ?

Thanks,
Sumit
Hello Sumit ,
Did you manage to apply PR for your son ? Did you already moved to Canada and then only you applied ? How you are planning to have medical coverage since your son will be on Visitor visa . Please guide once .

mkoushik0730

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
Hello Friends,

I and my wife both ,have Permanent Resident of Canada. We did landing on March 2018 and came back to US and had blessed by a baby girl in US and she got her birth certificate and passport.

Now we are planning to move permanently to Canada ASAP. Could guys suggest what would be the process to sponsor our baby while we are in Canada.

1. Sponsorship would be In-land or out-land ?
2. How much time does it take to complete the process end to end for US born baby?
3. What is the detailed out lined process to follow, the FORMS and Steps.

We are badly seeking these informations, would really appreciate your response.

Thanks in Advance,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Friends,

I and my wife both ,have Permanent Resident of Canada. We did landing on March 2018 and came back to US and had blessed by a baby girl in US and she got her birth certificate and passport.

Now we are planning to move permanently to Canada ASAP. Could guys suggest what would be the process to sponsor our baby while we are in Canada.

1. Sponsorship would be In-land or out-land ?
2. How much time does it take to complete the process end to end for US born baby?
3. What is the detailed out lined process to follow, the FORMS and Steps.

We are badly seeking these informations, would really appreciate your response.

Thanks in Advance,
1. Outland but can be done from Canada
2. 4-11 months
3. Look at the application instructions. In most provinces your child will not have health coverage so you will have to apply for emergency health coverage and pay for any routine care.

mkoushik0730

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
1. Outland but can be done from Canada
2. 4-11 months
3. Look at the application instructions. In most provinces your child will not have health coverage so you will have to apply for emergency health coverage and pay for any routine care.
@canuck78 ,

Did you go through the same process recently ?

mkoushik0730

Star Member
Sep 15, 2016
@canuck78 ,

One quick question , sponsoring US born baby from Canada (baby and parent are currently in Canada), which address , application needs to be sent.

Little confused. Please suggest - which address to opt ?

This what mentioned in -
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5289-sponsor-your-spouse-common-law-partner-conjugal-partner-dependent-child-complete-guide.html#eligibility

Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners outside Canada and all dependent children sponsorships:
CPC Sydney
P.O. Box 9500
Sydney, NS
B1P 0H5

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada, but you have chosen to use the overseas sponsorship.

----------------------------------------------------------------OR--------------------------------------------------------------

Application for spouses or common-law partners
currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class:

CPC Mississauga
P.O. Box 5040, Station B
Mississauga, ON
L5A 3A4