+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US born baby to sponsor inland by PR parents

redondo

Apr 18, 2013
CanadaAspirant said:
I got my daughter's PR in Jan this year. So, it took somewhere around 1 year for full processing. I paid $550 as she was principal applicant and they say that if you pay more than required, they refund the fees but I did not get any refund. So, I believe, fees is $550.
I filled sponsorship form only and sent it to Mississauga along with my application.

If your case is similar to mine and you also have inland application, dont forget to look at country specific requirements too and follow them. In my case, I sent only 2 pics of her as per inland application requirements and they came back asking for 2 more. Then I found out that as per US processing requirements, you need to submit 4 photos and not 2.
Sorry, a little confused.
I saw you sent to CPC-M. It should be the center for outland app only.
Did you select any CA embassy in US to process your app?
Did your baby leave CA and re-enter CA somewhere for status change?
Did you send the medical exam report to them? Where did you do that for your baby?(I'm in Mississauga also.)
Thanks a lot!

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
CanadaAspirant said:
I got my daughter's PR in Jan this year. So, it took somewhere around 1 year for full processing. I paid $550 as she was principal applicant and they say that if you pay more than required, they refund the fees but I did not get any refund. So, I believe, fees is $550.
I filled sponsorship form only and sent it to Mississauga along with my application.

If your case is similar to mine and you also have inland application, dont forget to look at country specific requirements too and follow them. In my case, I sent only 2 pics of her as per inland application requirements and they came back asking for 2 more. Then I found out that as per US processing requirements, you need to submit 4 photos and not 2.
There's no inland for a child, only outland. Just to clear that up.

redondo

Apr 18, 2013
parker24 said:
There's no inland for a child, only outland. Just to clear that up.
in another hot thread, one person sent inland app for child to Vegreville, Alberta and then they sent his app to Vancouver to process under H&C.
"My wife and I are PR and our child is under TRP; he is 4 years 4 months old. I sent my sponsorship application to CPC - Vegreville (In Canada application for PR Status along with sponsorship application) and they forwarded the application to Vancouver to process under H&C; I did not apply under H&C. The application is in process now."

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
redondo said:
in another hot thread, one person sent inland app for child to Vegreville, Alberta and then they sent his app to Vancouver to process under H&C.
"My wife and I are PR and our child is under TRP; he is 4 years 4 months old. I sent my sponsorship application to CPC - Vegreville (In Canada application for PR Status along with sponsorship application) and they forwarded the application to Vancouver to process under H&C; I did not apply under H&C. The application is in process now."

Baby in Canada on TRP - now what is the next step to get PR?
That's not sponsorship, that's H&C. They are two very different processes and offices.

Your next step is to apply. Fill out all the paperwork and pay the fees then send it to CIC-M (If you are doing sponsorship..)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We have heard increasing accounts of people trying to apply for a TRP baby and getting their applications shifted to H&C processing or having their applications flat out returned to them and being told to apply under H&C. This could have something to do with the TRP status.

As far as I know, there is no inland for children except when you apply inland for a spouse and the children are a part of the package. There is either outland or there is inland H&C. If your baby is on a TRV or visa exempt, you should try outland. If it's on a TRP, you have two options, believe everyone who says you should apply inland under H&C or try to apply outland and see what happens.

redondo

Apr 18, 2013
parker24 said:
That's not sponsorship, that's H&C. They are two very different processes and offices.

Your next step is to apply. Fill out all the paperwork and pay the fees then send it to CIC-M (If you are doing sponsorship..)
I want to do sponsorship via New York embassy as outland app.
That fee table looks really confusing.
How much processing fee for my baby?

Sponsorship application (per application) = $75
Principal applicant = $475
Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild) = $75

75+75 or 75+475?

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help answer these questions:

1. Can someone bring a US born baby (with a US passport) to Canada without a visa?
2. ...and then later sponsor the baby for PR?
3. ...What happens if the baby stays more than 3 months?

Note: Baby born to parents with Canadian PR

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman said:
Can anyone help answer these questions:

1. Can someone bring a US born baby (with a US passport) to Canada without a visa?
2. ...and then later sponsor the baby for PR?
3. ...What happens if the baby stays more than 3 months?

Note: Baby born to parents with Canadian PR
1. Yes, absolutely. The baby as a US citizen is visa exempt to Canada.

2. Yes, they can sponsor the baby outland through the US which is actually processed in Canada.

3. The baby being visa exempt can stay for up to 6 months but before the baby's status expires, you should apply to extend. Another thing you should do is when you enter Canada ask for a visitor record because you need proof of when the baby arrived in Canada in order to extend status later and because with a visitor record, the immigration officer may allow the baby visitor status for up to 1 year.

Reactions: bizhanrom

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
colinmeli said:
hello. Can any one please reply to me

I am in the same situation, the only difference is that my daughter was born in India, can you advise me , what i have to
do sponsor my child to get Canadian pr
Thanks
colinmeli
you have to sponsor the child through family class outside of canada (outland). the first thread in this forum will provide the links to get the application package. children can't be sponsored from within canada. this doesn't mean this child can be present in canada while being sponsored. it just means the "right" way to sponsor a child is through the outland process.

VisaApprovalSent

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alabaman,

When we entered Canada (at Pearson airport), we did so only with the US passport .Then we applied for a visitor visa after a few months.

That visitor visa was valid for 2 yrs, once I got that I applied to sponsor her ( service Canada helps with filling out ).There are two ways one is with atleast one parent inside Canada and other with from outside if a parent is outside the country.The second one is a longer process .

The application was sent to Buffalo processing center and later got sent to someplace inside Canada by CIC ( don't recall). It took 1 year for the whole process.I would like to add here that even though on a visitor visa, the baby is entitled to all benefits ,except health card.

Once they sent us the COPR we went to CIC and got the stamping done .The PR cards were sent home.

Hope that helps.

Alabaman

Apr 24, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
redondo said:
I want to do sponsorship via New York embassy as outland app.
That fee table looks really confusing.
How much processing fee for my baby?

Sponsorship application (per application) = $75
Principal applicant = $475
Principal applicant, if less than 22 years of age and not a spouse or common-law partner (including a dependent child of the sponsor, a child to be adopted and an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild) = $75

75+75 or 75+475?
How much did you end of paying? Going through the website, it looks like one needs to pay

Sponsor - $75
Dependent child aged under 19 who is the principal applicant, unmarried and not in a common-law relationship - $75
Total = $150

It also says "Note: Dependent children are exempt from paying the Right of Permanent Residence fee of $495"

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/3900ETOC.asp

Any body knows the right fees?

sumitbajaj07

Nov 23, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am also in same boat. I have PR and my little son is born in USA. Now we are morning to Canada.

I have following doubts :--

1) He is visa exempt for 6 months right ?
2) We can extend his visa just before 6 months What visa we shoudl apply ?
3) To file his PR I will file as outland and also I need ot be present in Canada to do that right ( I can't do from USA) ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Sumit

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sumitbajaj07 said:
Hi All,

I am also in same boat. I have PR and my little son is born in USA. Now we are morning to Canada.

I have following doubts :--

1) He is visa exempt for 6 months right ?
2) We can extend his visa just before 6 months What visa we shoudl apply ?
3) To file his PR I will file as outland and also I need ot be present in Canada to do that right ( I can't do from USA) ?

Please help.

Thanks,
Sumit
1) Yes, however, when you enter Canada you can ask for a visitor record for longer because you want to sponsor him. They could give you one year instead of 6 months.
2) Yes, you should apply to extend his visitor status.
3) Yes, you need to be in Canada to sponsor.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
hello everyone,
I need some advice...
I've applied to sponsor my American wife for PR.. We are expecting a baby in October..
We won't get the PR before October because we deferred the chest xray for baby's safety.
I was originally thinking of applying for baby PR afterwards and until then bringing baby here to Canada..
But reading this thread, it seems that it takes a long time to sponsor the baby..

so I must ask:
1. how long does it take to sponsor a baby(as a separate entity)?
2. will I be able to add on the baby as dependant to my wife's application after baby is born(seeing as they will need her chest xray to process her application)?
3. should I rather bring my wife here and have her deliver the baby here? (i'l have to pay for my wife's medical costs, but baby will be Canadian by birth and anyway get US citizenship by virtue of mom - and this way avoid the hassle of baby being without ohip while they wait if I bring them over as visitors)

Any answers/advice would help.
Thanks in advance.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tucosword said:
hello everyone,
I need some advice...
I've applied to sponsor my American wife for PR.. We are expecting a baby in October..
We won't get the PR before October because we deferred the chest xray for baby's safety.
I was originally thinking of applying for baby PR afterwards and until then bringing baby here to Canada..
But reading this thread, it seems that it takes a long time to sponsor the baby..

so I must ask:
1. how long does it take to sponsor a baby(as a separate entity)?
2. will I be able to add on the baby as dependant to my wife's application after baby is born(seeing as they will need her chest xray to process her application)?
3. should I rather bring my wife here and have her deliver the baby here? (i'l have to pay for my wife's medical costs, but baby will be Canadian by birth and anyway get US citizenship by virtue of mom - and this way avoid the hassle of baby being without ohip while they wait if I bring them over as visitors)

Any answers/advice would help.
Thanks in advance.
You can not sponsor the baby as a separate entity in this case. As soon as the baby is born, you and your wife are obligated to report a change in family composition which means that the baby has to be added to her application. This is not negotiable unless the baby is born in Canada and therefore a citizen.