Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
@Nqur, I'm taking along my transcripts, degrees and other professional documents just in case. Have you figured out housing? I'm going with airbnb for the first few weeks, since most properties I've reached out to need an employment letter.
Yes I am taking my official documents as well.
Yup, Airbnb is my first option too but I am looking at places on Facebook Market Place and Kijiji.
Let me know if you want to connect privately.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hi folks,

Can anyone suggest a suitable airline? Tickets are fine but the The baggage fees are killer!

I am just trying to find the best option.

TIA

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
AA seems pretty reasonable. WJ & AC are more expensive.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Same question, is there any way to dial the 888 number from US? Tried skype with credits too, does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Try the Freetone app. I was able to call Canadian numbers for free after paying $5 for a number.

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hi everyone, I'm preparing to do a soft landing in Halifax next month, working on the list of goods to follow. For those of you who have already landed, how detailed did you get on the spreadsheet. I want to make sure I'm doing this correctly.

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Gang - I got my PPR Approved few minutes ago after 30 days of getting PPR email. My question is, I see only Mine and my wife status as Approved in the status on CIC profile but not my son's. Is it due to him being a US citizen ? Also, my return label hasnt been activated yet, how long does it take generally ?

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello Everyone!
We are based in Georgia and we are currently in the Post ITA stage.
I have a query regarding employer reference letter. I already got a reference letter (which has the company letterhead on it) with information including my title, salary and work hours from my HR.
The only thing missing is the job duties and responsibilities.
Will be okay if I get this information from my supervisor on a separate sheet of paper (that does not have the company letterhead) and notarize it?
Will CIC accept this?

Thank You!

Last edited:

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Hello Everyone!
We are based in Georgia and we are currently in the Post ITA stage.
I have a query regarding employer reference letter. I already got a reference letter (which has the company letterhead on it) with information including my title, salary and work hours from my HR.
The only thing missing is the job duties and responsibilities.
Will be okay if I get this information from my supervisor on a separate sheet of paper (that does not have the company letterhead) and notarize it?
Will CIC accept this?

Thank You!
The JD should be on the same paper as the salary and the date joined etc. That's what I have heard ppl do and that is what I did as well

Ash_1917

Star Member
May 16, 2018
The JD should be on the same paper as the salary and the date joined etc. That's what I have heard ppl do and that is what I did as well
The problem is the HR is not ready to issue roles and responsibilties. I did a lot of reading on this site and found that there are others in a similar situation. Some people suggested getting the details on a white paper and getting it signed by the manager and then getting the paper notarized.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
The problem is the HR is not ready to issue roles and responsibilties. I did a lot of reading on this site and found that there are others in a similar situation. Some people suggested getting the details on a white paper and getting it signed by the manager and then getting the paper notarized.
If it worked for other ppl then I guess it’s fine.

Nqur

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Can anyone suggest an economical insurance plan for the first three months?

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
If you are on EAD but don't have AP wouldn't leaving the country indicate you are abandoning your AOS?

I have a separate question, do any of you have master's degrees obtained in the US evaluated as a lower degree?
My MFA is not recognized at all in my ECA from IQAS because it was accredited by the New York Board of Regents, (which is a unique national accrediting body) instead of a regional accrediting body, which is the standard that IQAS uses in assessing degrees. I didn't bother trying to appeal and explain New York Board of Regents Accreditation to IQAS because i have a second master's degree which is worth the same number of points. I later got another ECA from WES for employment purposes that lists it as a "master's degree from an unrecognized institution." I guess that will have to do. Hopefully it won't be an issue for future employment.

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Peeps, My PPR shows approved on CIC portal while I am waiting for my return label to be acitivated. However I noticed that the Document Status on the portal (UCI, document, status, expiry date) shows details of Mine and my wife's (but not my US citizen son. Is that normal ?

sarastone

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Good Morning

Can anyone please help me with my query.In the work history Section of post ITA it asks for city where the activity took place. I worked for Indian consulting company based out of michigan (detroit) and my client were in Maryland, DC and virginia. What should I mention in the work history section for the job where it asks for City/Town where the activity took place. Also if you have mentioned in LOE something related to this can you please let me know how you stated in LOE about different locations and different client for work history