+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

JERiv

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Texas
I'm so excited to have gotten my ITA! I've been filling out my information for the past day praying that I haven't made a mistake. I'm nervous for the medicals and not sure if I want to do them in NY or CT (the guy in CT seems... questionable, but he is closer). I haven't been to a doctor in years.
Congrats!! :)

If you're close enough, it might be worth it to the medicals (doc, lab, xray) across the border. It can be much cheaper.

You probably don't need to sweat the test themselves. They were straightforward enough.

Good luck! :D

Reactions: northern sunshine

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Congrats!! :)

If you're close enough, it might be worth it to the medicals (doc, lab, xray) across the border. It can be much cheaper.

You probably don't need to sweat the test themselves. They were straightforward enough.

Good luck! :D
Honestly, I've been considering it... my SO is near Ottawa for the summer and I'll be driving up to see him at the beginning of July. It's a 7 hour drive, though, and my only fear is having them call me back for further examination and being back in the states already!

jannie.shaylah

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
I'm so excited to have gotten my ITA! I've been filling out my information for the past day praying that I haven't made a mistake. I'm nervous for the medicals and not sure if I want to do them in NY or CT (the guy in CT seems... questionable, but he is closer). I haven't been to a doctor in years.
I did it in CT. It is quite simple

bells24

Dec 7, 2017
Has anyone here pursued an additional degree or graduate certificate just for the purposes of gaining additional points? I'd hate to spend so much expense and time but it may be my only option. If you've done this or have considered it, I'd appreciate any insight into types of programs that might be affordable, quick, etc. Thanks!

sachin80

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Hi Everyone,
wanted to know if we need to get FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month kid.. I checked forum and found a very old post where it was mentioned that we need it only for people more than 18 years so i should not need a certificate for my son. But wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please check and confirm?

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
If you have a valid I-94 and if you are in H Status you can use "contiguous state visit " which enables folks enter w/o valid visa with certain exceptions... Details are below. Good luck

https://www.murthy.com/2018/03/26/contiguous-territory-rule-permits-reentry-from-canada-or-mexico-2/
Hi,

Do you know anyone who has crossed the border with an expired visa and was able to come back based on this rule. I'm in the same boat and was thinking if this is a viable option. Please let me know.

Reactions: Rawhide

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Hi,

Do you know anyone who has crossed the border with an expired visa and was able to come back based on this rule. I'm in the same boat and was thinking if this is a viable option. Please let me know.
It will be exactly my situation hopefully in few weeks.....

Rawhide

Nov 11, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
20-02-2018
Med's Done....
16-02-2018
Hi Everyone,
wanted to know if we need to get FBI clearance certificate for a 4 month kid.. I checked forum and found a very old post where it was mentioned that we need it only for people more than 18 years so i should not need a certificate for my son. But wanted to confirm.

Can anyone please check and confirm?
My son is two years old, we didnt get his FBI clearance....

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Reactions: Rawhide

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

Where can we get the photographs clicked for PR application in US ? Please help
For the COPR, Walgreens is good enough. For the PR cards, you should do a google search for "Canadian passport photo" and see if a professional comes up. Which city are you based in, maybe someone from that city can suggest a place.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
For the COPR, Walgreens is good enough. For the PR cards, you should do a google search for "Canadian passport photo" and see if a professional comes up. Which city are you based in, maybe someone from that city can suggest a place.
Thanks for the reply. I am in Irvine California. For PR, you dont suggest Walgreens?

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
I want it for post ita application.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Thanks for the reply. I am in Irvine California. For PR, you dont suggest Walgreens?
We used photos from Walgreen's for our PR cards, and photo's from Sam's club for our COPR photos. My wife's 1st Walgreen's photo was rejected, but mine was fine. We used Walgreens a 2nd time and all was good.