+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Folks, Got my OINP points on my EE profile.Expecting ITA in next draw. I thought to start apply for PCC for US, India and Canada. As I stayed all 3 in last 10 yrs for more than 6 months.

Can someone please suggest?

1. Getting PCC from FBI. I herd DMV also help in getting PCC from FBI? Is that the process? Please share thoughts? Or do I need to send fingerprints to FBI directly?
2. How shall I obtain for Canada from USA?
Check the IRCC website for PCC process. BTW you need PCC from any countries your stayed over 6 months since 18 years of age. Not just the last 10 years AFAIK.

harish93

Mar 29, 2018
I have a question on proof of funds. I received a letter from my US bank checking account, and it mentions it has the average balance and other details for the last 6 months. Is this document sufficient for proving my availability of funds? I also have credit card debts and car loans, am I supposed to mention this in a letter that is notarized? Any help is appreciated.

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Hi @Adrouault .. fellow US Resident ... Here's my timeline:

March 15, 2017 - Decided to go in for Canadian Express Entry permanent residency process
March 15, 2017 - Ordered Post Secondary Degree ECA with WES Canada
March 15, 2017 - Requested University to deliver Post Secondary Degree transcripts to WES Canada
March 16, 2017 - Sent copy of Post Secondary Degree certificate by myself to WES Canada
March 18, 2017 - Booked IELTS for self & spouse to be taken on April 8, 2017
March 16, 2017 - University Transcripts for Post Secondary degree delivered to WES
March 18, 2017 - Post Secondary Degree certificate delivered to WES
March 27, 2017 - Downloaded FBI Fingerprint forms and got spouse & self's fingerprints taken at local police department
March 27, 2017 - Sent FBI Identity History & Summary Check (IHSC) fingerprint & forms packages for both spouse & self, to FBI
March 29, 2017 - FBI IHSC package delivered to FBI (West Virginia)
April 03, 2017 - My own WES Online ECA received (equivalency as expected)
April 05, 2017 - Requested for Spouse's WES USA account to be transferred to WES Canada with new email ID so that spouse's Post Secondary Degree ECA could be requested
April 07, 2017 - Appeared in Indian Consulate, Chicago to request for Indian PCCs for both spouse and self, got them same day (possibly due to the fact that both my spouse and me had renewed our passports at the Chicago Consulate itself)
April 08, 2017 - Spouse & self appeared for IELTS in Michigan. Reading seemed to be specially confusion, concurred with multiple applicants
April 10, 2017 - Ordered Spouse's Post Secondary Degree ECA with WES Canada
April 10, 2017 - Requested WES USA to send spouse's post secondary degree documents to be sent to WES Canada
April 11, 2017 - My own WES ECA received physically
April 21, 2017 - Got IELTS results online for Spouse and self
April 22, 2017 - Started filling out Online Express Entry Profile
April 18, 2017 - WES USA delivered spouse's documents to WES Canada
April 29, 2017 - Got IELTS results physically for Spouse and self
May 10, 2017 - Spouse's WES Online ECA received (nothing unusual)
May 14, 2017 - Completed and submitted online Express Entry Profile (CRS 470)
May 15, 2017 - Requested current employer (and only employer) for reference letter. Got one from personnel officer but had some corrections required
May 15, 2017 - Spouse's WES ECA received physically
May 17, 2017 - ITA received
May 21, 2017 - Started filling out post ITA forms online
May 31, 2017 - Final employment reference letter received
June 02, 2017 - FBI confirmed credit card charged for IHSC packages for both spouse & self
June 02, 2017 - Medical tests appointment booked for both spouse and self for June 12, 2017
June 03, 2017 - FBI confirmed that IHSC packages for both spouse and self were processed without issues, but final results cannot be delivered via phone, must wait for letter to arrive home
June 09, 2017 - FBI IHSC received, nothing unusual, standard 'background clear' message
June 12, 2017 - Appeared for medical tests with eMedical Panel Physician, spouse all ok, doctor request me to follow up regarding couple of things with primary care physician. Still gave us both the eMedical Acknowledgement Form stating that final submission will be done once Primary Care Physician gives a status if anything is up with me or all 'ok clear'
June 15, 2017 - Requested Proof of Funds Letter from financial institutions, got them same day
June 16, 2017 - Followed up with primary care physician. Nothing too bad, required to appear for another follow up June 23, 2017 for final 'ok clear' message to be sent to eMedical Panel Physician
June 16, 2017 - Spouse and self appeared for photographs to be taken at a local photo studio in CIC/IRCC format (including physical copies)
June 16, 2017 - Prepared all affidavits required and recommended and signed & notarized
June 17, 2017 - Prepared LoE for required / recommended sections
June 18, 2017 - Scanned and prepared all documents
- Marriage License Certificate
- Passport / ID Documents
- eMedical Acknowledgement Form
- Educational Degree + Transcripts + WES + IELTS
- Affidavits
- Employment Reference Letters
- Police Clearance Certificates
- Proof of Funds
- Photographs (Digital versions)
- Letter of Explanation
June 18, 2017 - Completed all post ITA forms and uploaded all scanned documents
June 19, 2017 - Double and triple checked all documents / forms
June 19, 2017 - Submitted eAPR late at night (11.30PM EST). Paid App fee as well as RPRF up front
June 20, 2017 - Received AoR and fee receipt after about 1 hr after eAPR submission (12.40AM EST)
June 23, 2017 - Followed up with primary care physician. Nothing untoward serious, confirmation / 'ok clear' letter given to myself, which I sent to eMedical Panel Physician
June 26, 2017 - Followed up with eMedical Panel Physician, but could not get through
June 28, 2017 - Followed up with eMedical Panel Physician, who confirmed they got Primary Care Physician's 'ok clear' message. They sent us a copy of our medical results and confirmed eMedical system was updated with our file finally submitted
June 28, 2017 to July 13, 2017 - Tense Waiting
July 13, 2017 6.00AM - Medicals Passed. Background Check Status is still 'Not Applicable'
July 13, 2017 12.00 Noon - Background Check Status is updated to 'Your background check is in progress' .. which is message similar to IP2 but figuring this is just a IRCC/CIC glitch and I might be in IP1
July 13, 2017 5.00 PM - Background Check Status is updated to 'Not Applicable' .. thus figuring it was just a IRCC/CIC glitch right now I am in IP1/NA2
Thanks a lot systix. Your post is very helpful. Can you tell me:

1. While in US, how you got PCC from RCMP?
2. What is eMedical. I only heard about getting medical from panel physician..
3. What Affidavits do we need to make?

Can you share link, where I can get these document details?

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Thanks a lot systix. Your post is very helpful. Can you tell me:

1. While in US, how you got PCC from RCMP?
2. What is eMedical. I only heard about getting medical from panel physician..
3. What Affidavits do we need to make?

Can you share link, where I can get these document details?
Anyone else can share the thoughts here?

Canadacrazy

Mar 29, 2018
Guys I have a unique situation dye to the complicated visa situation in the US I am worried about leaving to Canada and not being able to get my visa restamped to come back to the US? Would it be possible to extend landing in landing for a full year or any other ideas for someone in my situation?
If you have a valid I-94 and if you are in H Status you can use "contiguous state visit " which enables folks enter w/o valid visa with certain exceptions... Details are below. Good luck

https://www.murthy.com/2018/03/26/contiguous-territory-rule-permits-reentry-from-canada-or-mexico-2/

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Anyone else can share the thoughts here?
Most of us in this thread didn't require a PCC from the RCMP. I would assume that info is on the CIC website, or you can check in another thread.

emedical just means the physician can submit things electronically or something - whatever it is it's easier on you and worth choosing someone who uses it if you can.

I'm not sure what you mean about affadavits? That may be something to ask about in a more general thread.

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Most of us in this thread didn't require a PCC from the RCMP. I would assume that info is on the CIC website, or you can check in another thread.

emedical just means the physician can submit things electronically or something - whatever it is it's easier on you and worth choosing someone who uses it if you can.

I'm not sure what you mean about affadavits? That may be something to ask about in a more general thread.
Thanks Moose17.

By affidavits, I meant what we have to submit to CIC when ITA is issued. Was just trying to think proactive and start assembling my documents post ITA is issued. Which may in next draw.

Vivu

Feb 20, 2018
Hello Guys,

Where can we get the photographs clicked for PR application in US ? Please help

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks Moose17.

By affidavits, I meant what we have to submit to CIC when ITA is issued. Was just trying to think proactive and start assembling my documents post ITA is issued. Which may in next draw.
Oh, I see. I would check lists on other threads here and the info at http://welcomehomeontario.ca/ . Those are what we used to figure out what to do. CIC also may have a list somewhere on their site you can reference.

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018

I didn't need a PCC from the RCMP for my Express Entry application, but I did need to get an RCMP criminal record check for Ontario teacher certification. I used XL-ID to submit my fingerprints to RCMP electronically. Their application and forms were straightforward and the criminal record check was done quickly after they received my fingerprints. I also used their option to store fingerprints for up to a year in case I need to get a vulnerable sector check in the future.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I'm so excited to have gotten my ITA! I've been filling out my information for the past day praying that I haven't made a mistake. I'm nervous for the medicals and not sure if I want to do them in NY or CT (the guy in CT seems... questionable, but he is closer). I haven't been to a doctor in years.

Reactions: moose17 and JERiv