+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

Arminder_1985

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Will it cause any issues if i put in Toronto as the preferred place while submitting the PR application but do a soft landing in Vancouver?

Also, we have to mention the amount of CAD we will be getting in to Canada and in my situation after i get everything approved i will be selling my house in US and will use that money for something in Canada. So will this create an issue if for now i just mention CAD 25,000?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
The landing will be fine as long as your didn't utilize a provincial nomination program, that might generate questions. If you went through a Quebec program, then you'd be better having your landing destination be in Quebec. If you did general express entry then you're good anywhere outside of Quebec, we listed Ottawa initially, and then ended up needing to land in Toronto.

I'm not sure about the money issue.

Will it cause any issues if i put in Toronto as the preferred place while submitting the PR application but do a soft landing in Vancouver?

Also, we have to mention the amount of CAD we will be getting in to Canada and in my situation after i get everything approved i will be selling my house in US and will use that money for something in Canada. So will this create an issue if for now i just mention CAD 25,000?

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
Landing in Canada and driving from the US, which one port is best Seattle or New York? Does that even matter or is it just a question of preference? Lastly, what are the other options, if any?

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016

Are you putting that 25K CAD for your PR app? As long as it meets the minimum for PA+dependents that is fine.

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
But will it be inside USA or I have to send outside?
Probably outside since for most people living in the US, Ottawa is the VO that processes the visa stamping. I've seen cases on the forum where people said they sent a request to CIC to change it but I never really looked deeper into that so I'm not really sure about the details.

Reactions: haniya.carielle

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Guys I have a unique situation dye to the complicated visa situation in the US I am worried about leaving to Canada and not being able to get my visa restamped to come back to the US? Would it be possible to extend landing in landing for a full year or any other ideas for someone in my situation?

canada_eagle

Nov 17, 2016
Guys I have a unique situation dye to the complicated visa situation in the US I am worried about leaving to Canada and not being able to get my visa restamped to come back to the US? Would it be possible to extend landing in landing for a full year or any other ideas for someone in my situation?
I doubt you will get a extension with a reason like this. You should post in the main forum to see if anyone has got got any kind of extension,

kynno

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
USA
NOC Code......
A "departure or Sailing permit" from the IRS, has anyone here had to apply for that? If so, can you give out some pointers? I was told it was needed and I've been researching it as it relevant to most non-resident aliens with very few exceptions.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Got my ECA by surprise yesterday and just submitted my EE profile today. :D I'll be up in Canada next week visiting my SO and I'll go over it with him while I'm there. Hopefully that will make the time between now and the next draw pass by more quickly.

I'm kind of annoyed with myself-- many years ago when I first got my passport, I only registered with my middle initial. Now every document in my EE application lists me as "Firstname MI" because I don't want to risk putting my full middle name when it's not listed in its entirety on my passport.

Reactions: JERiv and moose17

CAPRasiprer

Star Member
Jul 19, 2014
Folks, Got my OINP points on my EE profile.Expecting ITA in next draw. I thought to start apply for PCC for US, India and Canada. As I stayed all 3 in last 10 yrs for more than 6 months.

Can someone please suggest?

1. Getting PCC from FBI. I herd DMV also help in getting PCC from FBI? Is that the process? Please share thoughts? Or do I need to send fingerprints to FBI directly?
2. How shall I obtain for Canada from USA?