+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
The COPR is actually a long form document that you'll receive. I believe all PRs get this, the only difference is we don't the counterfoil (visa attached in our passport). I'm pretty sure this is because we can enter Canada with US passport alone, not all countries are able to do this.

I just got my PPR email. It says US citizens just need to send photocopies of their passports along with photos. What do we get for CoPR then if we don't have a passport stamp? Do they send a form or something? I'm also wondering which mail service everyone used. Thanks!

Reactions: katiegud

katiegud

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
The COPR is actually a long form document that you'll receive. I believe all PRs get this, the only difference is we don't the counterfoil (visa attached in our passport). I'm pretty sure this is because we can enter Canada with US passport alone, not all countries are able to do this.
Oh great, thanks for the quick response!

katiegud

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
When we sent in the copies of the passports, do they need to be in color? I assume so, but if they don't I can just print them at home.

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
When we sent in the copies of the passports, do they need to be in color? I assume so, but if they don't I can just print them at home.

The COPR doesn't say specifically as far as I know, however I submitted all my docs in color to be on the safe side.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Send them in color.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
School's in session. Sorry I haven't been around much.

I'm looking for some advice. I'm going from Toronto to New Orleans in May for a wedding. The nonstop is 520. The stop in DC is 380. The layover is about an hour. Is it possible to clear customs in DC and make a flight in that amount of time?

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada

I'm looking for some advice. I'm going from Toronto to New Orleans in May for a wedding. The nonstop is 520. The stop in DC is 380. The layover is about an hour. Is it possible to clear customs in DC and make a flight in that amount of time?

I'd def give myself more than an hour, the slightest delay and you're screwed. I'd honestly take the direct flight, I've learned my lesson the hard way.

tjsecondtry

May 11, 2017
I'd def give myself more than an hour, the slightest delay and you're screwed. I'd honestly take the direct flight, I've learned my lesson the hard way.
Thank you. There was some value in being able to meet my husband there and take the rest of the trip together. But it sounds too risky.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Hi all-- new to the club. I'm just starting my EE journey but appreciate seeing a community of other Americans (perhaps I can learn from your experiences).

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all-- new to the club. I'm just starting my EE journey but appreciate seeing a community of other Americans (perhaps I can learn from your experiences).
It is quite the journey. I do my soft landing in a few weeks. I’m praying I am doing the right thing in my life. I have just come to realize that this country (USA) no longer feels welcoming...I hope and pray Canada is different!

Best of luck! :)

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Has anyone worked with a cross-border accountant (or whoever does taxes) in Toronto? I'm thinking of consulting with one soon since we won't be closing on our house until after we move and I'd like to make sure we have things in order while we're still here. @trumprefugee maybe?

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018
Hello, I'm new to the forum too, but midway through the EE journey. I've submitted my PR application and am waiting for it to be processed. A couple of things that I wish I'd known at the beginning: If you are a US citizen or US PR use an FBI approved channeler for your FBI certificate. I applied directly through the FBI a few weeks before getting ITA, thinking that it would be plenty of time but processing time doubled after I submitted it, so I had to go through a channeler after all. Through the channeler I got the certificates in less than a week. Also, be sure to print out or save your answers to the PR application questionnaire before you submit your application. Now that my application has been submitted I am not able to view our answers, but CIC requested that my husband and I upload additional forms detailing our personal and travel histories. I am really glad that I printed out our answers to the questionnaire. It saved a lot of time and allowed us to check for consistency.

clguy

Apr 7, 2017

I think you will clear customs and and immigration before you leave Canada.