+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

US-based applicants, let's connect here

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Hey guys... The letter from my bank only shows the last 4 digits of my account numbers. Do you know if this is acceptable? I really, really don't want to wait another month for them to generate another letter (if they even would at all). :( It's an online bank, so there are no branches.

As long as it has your name, address, etc... to show that it belongs to you, I'd imagine you'd be ok.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
As long as it has your name, address, etc... to show that it belongs to you, I'd imagine you'd be ok.
Yeah, that's basically what IRCC said. Now we know. :)

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Guys how to schedule the medical? Is there a screen that we do it at ? or just find the center for medical and go do it?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Guys how to schedule the medical? Is there a screen that we do it at ? or just find the center for medical and go do it?
Find an approved panel physician on IRCC's website and then call them and ask to schedule an appointment for a medical exam for Canadian Immigration. Some of the facilities do have online scheduling, but I still recommend calling them so that they can tell you if you need to bring anything specific (for example, some ask for your ITA document) or if they need you to send anything ahead of time.

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Find an approved panel physician on IRCC's website and then call them and ask to schedule an appointment for a medical exam for Canadian Immigration. Some of the facilities do have online scheduling, but I still recommend calling them so that they can tell you if you need to bring anything specific (for example, some ask for your ITA document) or if they need you to send anything ahead of time.
Thanks Man. I did. Although it is super expensive in NJ $425

rohitpahwa

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
anybody did your Fingerprinting in NJ? The police state doesnt do it and those who do ask to bring your own fingerprinting card. Any idea where i can get them?

I took the print out of the online form for fingerprint but they are saying they need the hard cards.

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
Thanks Man. I did. Although it is super expensive in NJ $425
Yeah, it was $400 total in CT where I did it. :(

anybody did your Fingerprinting in NJ? The police state doesnt do it and those who do ask to bring your own fingerprinting card. Any idea where i can get them?

I took the print out of the online form for fingerprint but they are saying they need the hard cards.
I printed my cards on regular white 65lb cardstock from Target. It was like $4 for a pack of 50 sheets.

Mrs. Kow

Jan 5, 2018
Virginia, USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27/12/2017
AOR Received.
28/12//2017
Med's Done....
05/03/2018
Passport Req..
05-09-2018
LANDED..........
14-10-2018

I bought these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X14Q6E6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
My local PD in Virginia was also fine with me printing my own on cardstock when I had to get more fingerprints for teaching certification.

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
I got my PPR email today.
Question about the photographs. Where did you get those done? Places like CVS, Costco etc. do passport photos in US specs, do they also do Canada specs? Alternatively, do they provide digital copies that I can cut and print myself? (I can handwrite the name of the studio on the back).

Secondly, did you generate the Fedex return label online or in store? How much does it cost? Which option?

northern sunshine

Mar 22, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
AOR Received.
12-06-2018
Med's Done....
02-06-2018
Passport Req..
26-07-2018
LANDED..........
23-02-2019
I got my PPR email today.
Question about the photographs. Where did you get those done? Places like CVS, Costco etc. do passport photos in US specs, do they also do Canada specs? Alternatively, do they provide digital copies that I can cut and print myself? (I can handwrite the name of the studio on the back).

Secondly, did you generate the Fedex return label online or in store? How much does it cost? Which option?
Congratulations!

Walgreens has an option on their photo kiosk for Canadian passport photos. My attempt to get photos from them did not go so well, but I know others have had success.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Congratulations!

Walgreens has an option on their photo kiosk for Canadian passport photos. My attempt to get photos from them did not go so well, but I know others have had success.
@lampbreaker - I had the same experience as northern sunshine. My alternative, though, was to pay a private photographer in my city $60/photo plus probably a supplement for my daughter being so young (they doubled US their passport photo charge for babies) and even those wouldn't be guaranteed to work so we said whatever, we'll humour CIC and send them Walgreens photos and if they don't work, it honestly doesn't matter yet, especially since we didn't need PR cards to go between the US and Canada. I did do all the writing on the back by myself since the Walgreens worker looked at me like I was crazy when I brought it up. The main issue we had was that CIC says not to digitally alter the photos and Walgreens uses a computer program to make the background white instead of having it actually set up to just be white in the first place, so we just relied on the basic brightness/contrast adjustments to attempt a white background and frankly the photos came out terrible but like I said we knew we just needed to get *something* sent out to get the COPRs so we went with it.

Anyway, the nice thing about getting the replacement photos done here in Canada after we moved was the workers knowing exactly what to do, and they used a background with lights in it that ensures a white background without the banned digital alterations. For the rest of the details of stamps and all that, the workers knew exactly what to do so that was awesome.

For sending everything, I used UPS and did everything online. I did stop by a local shipping store who walked me through what to do and gave me envelopes and customs forms for free. The way my situation worked, though, they really couldn't do it themselves beyond that. Fedex may be different - I recommend finding a small shipping store and seeing what they say.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Thank you for your suggestions @moose17 and @northern sunshine.

Did you include customs form for both onward and return envelopes? Approx. how much did it cost with UPS?
Yes (they were no big deal, just make sure you list the value as $1), and I don't remember the cost but I believe Fedex was cheaper. UPS was easier for us to use or something, so I think that's why I chose it.