+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGT: Need help for study permit extension

ishiG

Feb 27, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am a Post-Grad Student at Humber College. My Study Permit plus the Visa expires on July 31st, 2014
My course is of two semesters + 2 months internship. Even though my Letter of Enrollment says its a one year course. expected completion date written is April, which is getting tricky for me as I wanna extend my study permit till Aug 2014.

My Question is- Is it possible to extend my study permit in such circumstances?
Also, I am planning to do another one year program which will start in Sept 2014. I have heard that there should be no break between first and second course. They should start back to back. But, I have my internship that needs to be done which is compulsory without which I wont graduate and it will get done in July/Aug. But, apparently internships are not considered to be a part of the academic studies.
So, will it be problem if my first course ends in April and next course starts in September? Will that jeopardize my chance of getting a 3 yr work permit?

This is confusing. Can anyone please give proper guidance in approaching this situation?!

Thanks a lot!!

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
I'm in the same position with you. I'm in Humber too for a year program. However, I have an admission for a program that will start in September.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ishiG said:
Someone pls reply :-X :eek:
I am not really sure but was ur program a coop program? then u need a coop work permit and not extension of study permit. check with ur colleges international students office.