+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgently need suggestions for applying student permit and SOPW under SDS category from India

Archie21x

Jun 17, 2020
I got married and moved to Dubai in 2017, stayed there until 2020 sept and me and my husband moved back to India. I’ve studied my BBA (distance)from Jaipur national university in India while I was in Dubai. My husband has an experience from 2014 - 2020 in Dubai in Sales.
I have an elder sister and my mother staying in India and they receive their monthly rental income from separate property. My husband is unemployed at the moment due to covid lockdowns and uncertainty in job market. My husband is an Indian National born and raised in India. Completed education from India. We both have good travel history of traveling together to Middle East countries , Europe - multiple countries on Schengen visa, Malaysia & Singapore all on visit visas. His parents are from Nepal with Nepalese nationality . We live in a house in India which we own and we have joint properties on our names for which we receive monthly rentals of 1300 CAD/ per month in our bank account which is also joint. And I’ve received my LOA from lambton college Toronto in HR management with co op 2 yr PG diploma course. M looking to apply my student visa along with my husband’s open work permit. I’ve paid my GIC and first yr fee and will be showing additional 25,000 CAD in our joint account. The source for this amount is we sold a land recently and some savings from earlier. We don’t have any ITR filed as we came back to India last year 2020.
And my questions are:
1. Is joint account acceptable as we do not have separate accounts?
2. CA evaluation report & Bank balance certificate astrong document?
3. Given the above scenario is it advisable to apply together for student and SOPW for my husband?
4. Will the rental income suffice, as my husband is unemployed.
5.Are there any other strong documents which can prove strong ties to my homecountry India for me and my husband & to satisfy the Visa officer that we will returning to India after education.

Will appreciate any feedback on the above scenario.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I got married and moved to Dubai in 2017, stayed there until 2020 sept and me and my husband moved back to India. I’ve studied my BBA (distance)from Jaipur national university in India while I was in Dubai. My husband has an experience from 2014 - 2020 in Dubai in Sales.
I have an elder sister and my mother staying in India and they receive their monthly rental income from separate property. My husband is unemployed at the moment due to covid lockdowns and uncertainty in job market. My husband is an Indian National born and raised in India. Completed education from India. We both have good travel history of traveling together to Middle East countries , Europe - multiple countries on Schengen visa, Malaysia & Singapore all on visit visas. His parents are from Nepal with Nepalese nationality . We live in a house in India which we own and we have joint properties on our names for which we receive monthly rentals of 1300 CAD/ per month in our bank account which is also joint. And I’ve received my LOA from lambton college Toronto in HR management with co op 2 yr PG diploma course. M looking to apply my student visa along with my husband’s open work permit. I’ve paid my GIC and first yr fee and will be showing additional 25,000 CAD in our joint account. The source for this amount is we sold a land recently and some savings from earlier. We don’t have any ITR filed as we came back to India last year 2020.
And my questions are:
3. Given the above scenario is it advisable to apply together for student and SOPW for my husband?
5.Are there any other strong documents which can prove strong ties to my homecountry India for me and my husband & to satisfy the Visa officer that we will returning to India after education.

1. Joint account is not an issue at all.
  2. CA evaluation are option docs but might be helpful. You however need to show 4 months bank statements with a healthy balance that surpasses the minimum required funds, as well as proof of the funds.
  3. I will advise that you don't apply together. We have not seen a lot of successful applications with SOWP for people who apply to colleges. You would stand a better chance of SOWP approval if you were going for Masters or PhD at a reputable public university. Moreover, applying with your spouse weakens your home ties.

Biggest issue I see here is your program selection and your choice of DLI. You need to have a solid justification for pursuing HR mgt course, seeing as you don't have experience in that area? You didn't mention your work history, not sure if you have one? How will spending so much on a PGD in HR Management improve your career prospects back home? You will have a hard time convincing VO of this as it seems you do not have work/career experience in your home country?

Reactions: Archie21x

Archie21x

Jun 17, 2020
  1. Joint account is not an issue at all.
  2. CA evaluation are option docs but might be helpful. You however need to show 4 months bank statements with a healthy balance that surpasses the minimum required funds, as well as proof of the funds.
  3. I will advise that you don't apply together. We have not seen a lot of successful applications with SOWP for people who apply to colleges. You would stand a better chance of SOWP approval if you were going for Masters or PhD at a reputable public university. Moreover, applying with your spouse weakens your home ties.

Biggest issue I see here is your program selection and your choice of DLI. You need to have a solid justification for pursuing HR mgt course, seeing as you don't have experience in that area? You didn't mention your work history, not sure if you have one? How will spending so much on a PGD in HR Management improve your career prospects back home? You will have a hard time convincing VO of this as it seems you do not have work/career experience in your home country?
Thank you Wonderbly for your feedback. I have done 5 months unpaid internship in a small company to gain some experience as HR assistant coordinator.
Our last 8 months statement in joint account shows average balance of 22-25k$cad. I will be paying college 1st year fees and GIC from another account which is a single account on my name. I’m 24 and my husband is 30 years old.
what do you think I should do to convince the VO or perhaps do I apply for another college or another course. Please advice

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
And my questions are:

I definitely would advice you to get CA certificate that verifies yours and husbands assets, it adds a lot of value. Give a letter that is signed and explained by your husband that he has no issues with the funds being used by you.
Mention the opportunities that you will have from doing a HR course in Canada when you come back home. Maybe like international exposure will have opportunities in MNCs in India.
I suggest dont apply along with spouse, its very risky because you need to show home ties.
Whatever it is, try to think of all the ways VO could argue against and address them as much as possible.

Reactions: Archie21x

Archie21x

Jun 17, 2020
I definitely would advice you to get CA certificate that verifies yours and husbands assets, it adds a lot of value. Give a letter that is signed and explained by your husband that he has no issues with the funds being used by you.
Mention the opportunities that you will have from doing a HR course in Canada when you come back home. Maybe like international exposure will have opportunities in MNCs in India.
I suggest dont apply along with spouse, its very risky because you need to show home ties.
Whatever it is, try to think of all the ways VO could argue against and address them as much as possible.
Thank you for the feedback

Reactions: yesWeCanada

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thank you Wonderbly for your feedback. I have done 5 months unpaid internship in a small company to gain some experience as HR assistant coordinator.
Our last 8 months statement in joint account shows average balance of 22-25k$cad. I will be paying college 1st year fees and GIC from another account which is a single account on my name. I’m 24 and my husband is 30 years old.
what do you think I should do to convince the VO or perhaps do I apply for another college or another course. Please advice
HR course from Canada will likely not help you in India as the policies and culture are vastly different. Also, you don't have a lot of experience in this area. How will you justify this in your Study plan?

I would highly suggest a Masters at a public university. You don't have enough work experience to augment a PGD certificate so VO will think the college program is not going to give you great career progression/prospects.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would also suggest getting some paid work experience before applying. If your husband had employment in India would show better ties. Longterm employment would be better but that’s not possible. You don’t have many ties to India since you only just returned to India.

jaysimqt

Aug 17, 2021
And my questions are:

Hi.
How and from where did you get ECA assessed for the degree from Jaipur. I am in my final year. Thank you.