+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!

Devian00987

Mar 26, 2024
Hi all, I am in a little critical situation right now, I applied for my PGWP on February 29, I got 2 unofficial breaks and had part-time semesters. My consultant says that I should Flagpole as I can PGWP there, but I am too scared to do so as what if officer asked me something and I may not know what to say him or if he saw in the system that I got unofficial breaks and worked in one of the breaks. My Study permit is expiring on 30 March and I want to know if someone with similar situation flagpoled or any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you.

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
Do you need to have a US visa to flagpole? Also, since you already applied online, did they say anything about that when u went there? Or is it still allowed that even if I already applied online, I could stil flagpole?

Devian00987

Mar 26, 2024
1- I did have my US visa, but its not necessary to have one as you tell the officer that I am here to flagpole, they will direct you where to go.
2- they asked me you have applied online too, and I told them that my employer is asking me for a valid status as I am getting employment offers. They asked me which company I am working for and what position!
3- Yes you can flagpole even you have applied online, you can tell them that you have-to go back home for medical issues or need to visit back home urgently, it could be due to various reasons. Tell them whatever yours is.

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
I only have one part time semester during my first semester of 1st year. I was enrolled in 4 courses and I dropped one,which would leave me with 3 courses which is considered as full time (9 units, 3 units each course) I later found out that the other course I was taking was not a uni course and was like an upgrading / continuing education because they said, I don’t have the grades to get into my math course. So they directed me into that course and I thought it was a part of a uni course. Because of that I became a part time. Then later on they told me, sorry we re read your transcript wrong. So they basically directed me to the wrong class. Because if I wasn’t, even if I dropped 1 course, I would still be a full time student. And I’m kinda nervous about it cause it was not my intention. I do have screenshots of emails as well as proof to show them also. What do you think?

Devian00987

Mar 26, 2024
As long as you have all the screenshots and emails, you will be okay. When you go there , just give them your graduation documents, passport and study permit.
And if they question you for your part time studies, then give the explanation and show them the emails and messages.
Don’t worry and give it a try. The worst they can say is that they are not going to issue you the PGWP, just say them you will wait for the decision for the file applied online.