+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
what about to reapply for a new vistor visa for the baby with letter explaining the situation?
what are the chances??
Yes you can reapply but it’s unclear what your chances are. It can be difficult to get another TRV or TRP if you didn’t follow through and sponsor your child last time. For how long did you return to Canada? Did you apply to sponsor your child for PR then but have to withdraw your application when it was clear you would be abroad for longer than a 2-3 week trip? Not matter what one parent needs to return to Canada in order to be compliant with their RO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also os there an urgent processing!
No urgent processing request option in the situation and this wouldn’t be considered an urgent issue. You can include an explanation about your situation. Needing a TRV so that you can be compliant with your RO isn’t an urgent situation. Many have had one parent return to Canada to either start the PR sponsorship process while the other one waits for the outcome of a TRV and/or TRP application or throughout the entire sponsorship application. When would you need to return for one parent to be compliant with RO?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
what about to reapply for a new vistor visa for the baby with letter explaining the situation?
what are the chances??
There is no urgent processing. No one can tell you the chances. If your spouse goes to Canada to sponsor PR for your first child, your PR card expires and you must enter through US/Canada border. Getting a TRV may or may not be approved but if your spouse is in Canada then child should be sponsored for PR first. By this time your PR card has expired and you don't meet RO so spouse could sponsor you again at the same time as your baby.

Does spouse meet RO or will need to wait in Canada until RO is met?

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
hello all and your replies are very appreciated

I just checked my baby's visa her Vis expired on July and the application eas submitted on June BEFORE the expiration of her visa!
WOULD THIS the reason why the refused her application??
we were planning to travel by August this is why I applied on June ! I knew her visa will expire

please any insight??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello all and your replies are very appreciated

I just checked my baby's visa her Vis expired on July and the application eas submitted on June BEFORE the expiration of her visa!
WOULD THIS the reason why the refused her application??
we were planning to travel by August this is why I applied on June ! I knew her visa will expire

please any insight??
No that is not the reason. Most people apply before their visas expire. In fact, IRCC asks you to apply 6 months before expiry. Your baby’s visa was not approved because the baby had a TRP. When in Canada on the TRP, you were to sponsor her for PR.

Sarah2017

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
No ! at the border they asked me to apply to extend her status as a visitor so I applied amd wait to get het new visitor records but we had to leave before it arrived

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No ! at the border they asked me to apply to extend her status as a visitor so I applied amd wait to get het new visitor records but we had to leave before it arrived
That is not a TRP. You applied for a visitor record to extend the visit in Canada. Once you leave Canada, a visitor record is cancelled because the purpose of a visitor record is to remain in Canada legally. It is not a document to allow you in and out of Canada. From past posts, your child entered on a TRP and was supposed to apply for PR during that time.