+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent !!!!

Harprtcan

Dec 10, 2021
So I have completed my 12 in med stream with maths as an additional subject but only scored 45 marks in it . Now my agent has mentioned this in sop that I have scored less marks in maths because I didn't study maths as it was an additional subject and was focusing on chemistry and biology.

Is it ok to write it or should I not mention about maths at all in sop?
My overall percentage is 82% and 8 band in ielts

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So I have completed my 12 in med stream with maths as an additional subject but only scored 45 marks in it . Now my agent has mentioned this in sop that I have scored less marks in maths because I didn't study maths as it was an additional subject and was focusing on chemistry and biology.

Is it ok to write it or should I not mention about maths at all in sop?
My overall percentage is 82% and 8 band in ielts
What type of degree are you applying for in Canada?

Harprtcan

Dec 10, 2021
So you got into Durham with 45% in math. If so it will be an issue when applying for a study permit because VOs will wonder if you can pass the program.
So what should I do?? Should I mention it or not ? I am really confused right now

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying for chemical laboratory technician diploma in Durham College
As already indicated your low grade in math will likely be an issue. Good math skills are needed to be a lab tech. There will likely be concerns that you will not succeed in the program. Agree with the consultant that you need to address your low score in math. Explaining why you had such a low score and explain how you will be able to pass the lab tech course which involves math. For example if it was an algebra class you could say that algebra was difficult for you but luckily algebra is not needed to do laboratory calculations.

Harprtcan

Dec 10, 2021
As already indicated your low grade in math will likely be an issue. Good math skills are needed to be a lab tech. There will likely be concerns that you will not succeed in the program. Agree with the consultant that you need to address your low score in math. Explaining why you had such a low score and explain how you will be able to pass the lab tech course which involves math. For example if it was an algebra class you could say that algebra was difficult for you but luckily algebra is not needed to do laboratory calculations.
My agent wrote this--
As maths was my additional subject I didn't study it much as my focus was on chem and bio. I was a brilliant student in maths with any doubt and this can be proved by my marks in maths in class 10 where I scored 75 marks

Is it ok?

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
My agent wrote this--
As maths was my additional subject I didn't study it much as my focus was on chem and bio. I was a brilliant student in maths with any doubt and this can be proved by my marks in maths in class 10 where I scored 75 marks

Is it ok?
As your course have Math subject in Sem 1 and Sem 2. VO will give more importance to 12th class math grades as compare to 10th. You must have selected another program where math is not required much. If, You already applied Visa then I can only wish you Good Luck. Otherwise, You can consider changing course selection.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My agent wrote this--

Is it ok?
Grade 10 math grades are not considered. VOs will only look at Grade 12. You will have to wait and see. Not sure how your SOP can say “brilliant student” in maths because you aren’t. 75 is not brilliant. Sorry, being honest.

Harprtcan

Dec 10, 2021
Grade 10 math grades are not considered. VOs will only look at Grade 12. You will have to wait and see. Not sure how your SOP can say “brilliant student” in maths because you aren’t. 75 is not brilliant. Sorry, being honest.
Appreciate your honesty...thnq ..
I will make sure to update you about my results