+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent!!! Work permit will be expired at April 1st. PNP has been submitted. How to stay at Canada?

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
Thanks so much for your kind help! It is real urgent!

My friend's work permit will be expired soon at April 1st.

She has submitted the PNP. Yet because of the expiration of work permit, is the PNP submission still valid?

How can she stay longer in Canada during this Coronavirus pandemic and wait for her PNP finalization?

Is it possible for her to restore her status and wait for her PNP finalization during the extension period?

Thanks so much!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much for your kind help! It is real urgent!

My friend's work permit will be expired soon at April 1st.

She has submitted the PNP. Yet because of the expiration of work permit, is the PNP submission still valid?

How can she stay longer in Canada during this Coronavirus pandemic and wait for her PNP finalization?

Is it possible for her to restore her status and wait for her PNP finalization during the extension period?

Thanks so much!
What do you mean by "has submitted the PNP"?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
She has applied for the permanent resident. Thanks Pls advise!

PNP is indicating Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
I know what PNP stands for. You haven't provided enough information. Does she already have the nomination from the province? Is she still waiting for the nomirnation?

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
I know what PNP stands for. You haven't provided enough information. Does she already have the nomination from the province? Is she still waiting for the nomirnation?
I think She hasn't got the nomination.

She is Chinese instead of American with work permit.

I am sorry for publishing at a wrong section.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think She hasn't got the nomination.

She is Chinese instead of American with work permit.

I am sorry for publishing at a wrong section.
If she wants to stay in Canada beyond the expiry of her work permit, she will need to apply to convert her status to visitor before her work permit expires. She will need to stop working as soon as the work permit expires.

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
If she wants to stay in Canada beyond the expiry of her work permit, she will need to apply to convert her status to visitor before her work permit expires. She will need to stop working as soon as the work permit expires.
After converting her status, is it ok for her to wait for the PNP finalization in Canada during this period ?
I mean getting the premanant residence card.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
After converting her status, is it ok for her to wait for the PNP finalization in Canada during this period ?
I mean getting the premanant residence card.
Yes - she can wait in Canada.

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
Yes - she can wait in Canada.
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

Probably how long can she get for an visitor extension? 6 month?

And generally how long for the PNP application before getting the premanant residence card.

By the way you don't recommend to restore her status after expiration, do you?

I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!

Probably how long can she get for an visitor extension? 6 month?

And generally how long for the PNP application before getting the premanant residence card.

By the way you don't recommend to restore her status after expiration, do you?

I truly appreciate from the bottom of my heart!!!
Visitor extensions are generally 6 months. She will then have to apply for another.

PNP applications can take up to a few years to process.

She shoudl avoid falling out of status and having to apply to restore her status.

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
Visitor extensions are generally 6 months. She will then have to apply for another.

She shoudl avoid falling out of status and having to apply to restore her status.
Thanks so much! I truly appreciate!!!

She will then have to apply for another.

That means after this 6 month, she must leave Canada for applying another visitor visa or work permit. Is it right?

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020

I just checked the website:

Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires? You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.

it only has half a month. Can she apply to convert the status? or Can she apply to BOWP?

In addition, will her PNP submission be cancelled after her work permit expires at April 1st 2020? Because I heard the PNP is based on the work permit. If the work permit expires, the PNP submission would be invalid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just checked the website:

Can I stay in Canada as a tourist after my work permit expires? You need to apply at least 30 days before your work permit expires. There is no guarantee your application will be approved.

it only has half a month. Can she apply to convert the status? or Can she apply to BOWP?

In addition, will her PNP submission be cancelled after her work permit expires at April 1st 2020? Because I heard the PNP is based on the work permit. If the work permit expires, the PNP submission would be invalid.
She should apply at the very end of her work permit. She must change to visitor status online before her work permit ends and then stops working. She may get refused an extension at a certain point and will need to purchase emergency health insurance. She still has to get nominated for PNP and be approved for PR. Did she apply for PNP with a job?

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
She should apply at the very end of her work permit. She must change to visitor status online before her work permit ends and then stops working. She may get refused an extension at a certain point and will need to purchase emergency health insurance. She still has to get nominated for PNP and be approved for PR. Did she apply for PNP with a job?
Yes I think she applied pnp with a job.

wangyz2020

Feb 3, 2020
Will be her PNP submission cancelled after her work permit expires?

Can she wait for her PNP finalization after she changes her status? Thanks a lot! Pls advise.