+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*URGENT*** WORK PERMIT EXPIRING

farnorth

Jul 31, 2016
Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a predicament I received my ITA July 13 2016 and was getting ready to submit my e-APR when and only then noticed that i require an FBI Clearance report as i have visited the US on holiday multiple times and cumulatively it adds up to 6 month. I was not aware of this rule until now, so nowI am applying for FBI clearance but this process take about 14 weeks and my work permit is about to expire (1 month) so i have to submit my e-APR in order to apply for a work permit extension do you think CIC will give me an extension for FBI clearance? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Report to moderator 209.18.102.248

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnorth said:
Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a predicament I received my ITA July 13 2016 and was getting ready to submit my e-APR when and only then noticed that i require an FBI Clearance report as i have visited the US on holiday multiple times and cumulatively it adds up to 6 month. I was not aware of this rule until now, so nowI am applying for FBI clearance but this process take about 14 weeks and my work permit is about to expire (1 month) so i have to submit my e-APR in order to apply for a work permit extension do you think CIC will give me an extension for FBI clearance? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Report to moderator
yea CIC will give you an extension. Just raise a CSE or email them and attach the FBI form and the FedEx or which courier service receipt, so they know that you already applied for the FBI PCC, and just explain to them that FBI takes forever to proccess applications.They're usually very understanding I got an extension from them for my FBI PCC, and there are other people who got serveral extensions from them.

farnorth

Jul 31, 2016
Thanks for your reply, Just a quick follow up question does it matter that I'm only applying for the FBI Clearance now and not really in a "timely" manner, its just that if I dont submit my e-APR then I cant apply for my Bridging Work Permit. Thanks

2016istheyear

May 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farnorth said:
Thanks for your reply, Just a quick follow up question does it matter that I'm only applying for the FBI Clearance now and not really in a "timely" manner, its just that if I dont submit my e-APR then I cant apply for my Bridging Work Permit. Thanks
i personally don't think it really matters that much, I could be wrong tho.