+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Work Experience Letter issue

engimam

Star Member
Jan 8, 2018
Hello Seniors,

I have got the ITA in the last round and currently I am collecting all the required documents. Since I have been in Canada ( for study) for the past year and half, I have collected all my documents before coming to Canada to prepare for this moment. However and because how unlucky I am, I found that the manager who signed my work experience letter took maternity leave and has been replaced by another manager. The new manager does not know me as we have never worked together. NOW, should I submit my one year old experience letter signed from this old manager or what should I do ?. I have pay slips for all the months ( 12 months x 3 years) and this company is a very well known worldwide company in the telecommunication sector. What should I do ? since even the HR number on the letter is barely (if none) answered.

PS: I can bring from the Embassy here an official government document that proves that this company was paying my social security deposits each month to the government.

Thanks

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
First, the date on the Work Reference / Work Experience letter is irrelevant, as long as the letter includes ALL the information required by IRCC.
(Check this link and head to the section 'Proof of Work Experience' for the exact requirements https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html)

Second, the Work Reference letter can be signed by your direct supervisor OR the HR Manager of your company. Hence, it doesn't matter if your Supervisor is on maternity leave, since the HR officer should have records of your work duration, salary, roles and responsibilities etc... The HR Manager is not expected to know every employee in personal capacity, and can just state facts in a formal manner. This letter shall be issued on the company letterhead, and be signed by the person issuing it and include his/her contact information (phone number / email ID) along with the company stamp.

Depending on what you have at hand now, you can reinforce the above letter with additional documentation such as your work contract, your pay stubs, tax returns, copy of your visiting card or a scan of your old company ID card.