+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Withdrawing my parents PR application

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS: My parents PR application is in process now. They are in medical stage and my dad diagnosed with active TB and currently on TB medication. Along with that he has diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease. He probably will be asked for cardiologist visit soon. Also my mom recently got heart attack. I am just thinking for some reasons if they become medically inadmissible now, will they be able to apply for supervisa or visitor visa in future? I am just wondering, if I withdraw their application now before they become medically inadmissible, are there any chances for them to apply for visitor visa in future?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS: My parents PR application is in process now. They are in medical stage and my dad diagnosed with active TB and currently on TB medication. Along with that he has diabetes, hypertension and ischemic heart disease. He probably will be asked for cardiologist visit soon. Also my mom recently got heart attack. I am just thinking for some reasons if they become medically inadmissible now, will they be able to apply for supervisa or visitor visa in future? I am just wondering, if I withdraw their application now before they become medically inadmissible, are there any chances for them to apply for visitor visa in future?
Supervisa requires a medical (and a year of health insurance which may be very expensive or not eligible) too, so only option would be visitor visa. They can apply and their chances are dependant on past Canadian TRVs, travel history, their own funds to support a visit, ties to home country etc. A TRV allows them to come to Canada for up to 6 months or at discretion of CBSA at POE.

Reactions: nilnitesh

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. Depending on their country of origin, they would have to pass a medical for a visitor/super visa.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your father will need to receive treatment for his TB before any application is considered. While he receives treatment for around 6 months his application will be put on hold. Given all your father’s medical issues if he applies for a TRV (after he no longer has TB) he may still need to do a medical. You need to take out travel medical insurance or open yourself up to potential huge healthcare bills if he gets sick while in Canada. Many of the conditions won’t be covered because they are pre-existing conditions so there will be a considerable financial risk if he visits. If he gets a TRV I would suggest he visit for a short period of time if his health is stable and hope that he doesn’t need medical care. He will still need to take out travel medical insurance. You will have to look carefully at the fine print of the travel medical insurance policy. If you have limitted savings his travel may not be worth the risk. The travel may not be worth the risk given his health in general.

My suggestion is to try for PGP. It looks like your father will struggle to get approved for any form of visa or PR given his medical needs so you might as well try for PGP. You haven’t mentionned his kidney function but based on his medical history he may have low kidney function which is one of the top reasons for denial due to excessive medical needs. Work with a lawyer who deals with excessive medical demands cases.

Last edited: