+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT: Withdraw application before stage 1 do they return your envelopes?

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
Anyone has experience with this?

If you withdraw your application, with plans of re-submitting it, stating in your e-mail that you plan to re-submit it with corrected information, that you plan to re-apply soon,

will they return your sent application documents?

I'm sure they don't even opened my documents, I think I'm in a good position to withdraw, but would like to receive my docs.

Thanks in advance.

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
Anyone knows?

Will they get suspicious on my second application if I write a letter explaining I withdrew this application because of missing documents, as CIC advices sending a complete application, I plan to withdraw the current one and re-apply soon with the correct documents?

How long it will take? I know people have done this to change from inland to outland and vice versa, and my application wasnt even opened yet.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Well, technically, yes you would have been much better off submitting a complete application with proper information in the first place. But now that you've sent it off and need the documents you sent in already to re-apply, it will probably be more hassle to get your application back than it's worth.

Unless there are MAJOR changes between the app you already sent and the one you plan to send in later (which there shouldn't be anyway), then I would just send in your additional documents as they arrive and leave your application in process. Not only will it look weird to cancel your application, ask for your stuff back, change some things, and mail it all back in, it will be a huge time delay. IF they would even send all your stuff back to you... they may not.

So I would wait until you get an AOR (if you have not been approved yet for stage 1, you will get an AOR and then a UCI number). After you get that, I would send in the extra documents you want to send along with a letter, explaining why you did not send them in the first place and indicating that you want them matched up with your current application (where ever your VO is). Make sure you include your names, DOBs, UCI numbers, so that they can match up the stuff you are sending in late to your file.

Assuming the stuff you left out is not vital, they hopefully will not send back/deny your application.. so as soon as you get your AOR, send this extra stuff off right away.

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
Let me put this way: For me, adding documents woudn't work I would really like to change some things. I've seen some people do this, for example to change from inland to much faster outland and etc. The way I see if, If I really want to do this, better before AOR.

Now, If I put a letter in the new app, saying: "I've just withdrew the previous app to correct some errors on the forms and update them."

Will it look too strange? Anyone with previous experience on this?

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Of course it will look strange. Now I don't know if they even have time to do this, but if I'm a smart VO, I'd be photocopying what you sent in on the first app so I could see what you have changed on the subsequent one.

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
I'm sure they don't do that, specially before your file is processed.

What they do, however, is:

Sponsor later writes to
CPC indicating their
wish to discontinue their
sponsorship
application:

CPC:
verifies that processing of
application for permanent
residence has not yet begun;
• if not begun: CPC agrees to
discontinue;
• returns any documents still in
the CPC and/or informs visa
office of discontinuance;
• reimburses fees for processing
permanent residence
application;
• retains sponsorship processing
fee; and
• codes in FOSS or CPC system
as discontinue

Consequences for sponsor

pays only sponsorship fee
• receives refund of permanent
residence application fees
• does not have right to appeal
because no decision is made on
the permanent resident
application.

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
The key phrase here:

codes in FOSS or CPC system
as discontinue

So they leave a note on their system, by their operation manuals. Probably it will be scrutinized more on future application (btw, if it has come to final stages, in an attempted withdrawal, could be denied or even could result in a officer refusing landing on PoE).

But if it is early in the process, and realy to correct several errors, are the consequences so severe?

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
What is really so wrong in your application that you are wiling to go throw all this ? why don't you tell us and people will advise you if it is worth or not

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
Probably nothing much relevant, but it would give me more peace of mind. However, depending on how the officer would view this, I could regret this decision, as It would be seen as if my sponsor had withdrawn, and not me, the sponsored, withdrawing with intention of sending everything again with some corrected (and reviewed) info.

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
Other then if you told them big lies about your relationship and now you have noticed the error you made but this is too late as even if you cancel you don't know if they will scan and keep all copy and when yo sent back the application again they can compare and you can be in worst situation then now.

But if it is some errors or mistake about some information, you can always do the corrections later on once approved for stage 1 and have the UIC number. We are people we can make mistakes but if you ask to cancel it can sound fishy, if I was in your situation I won't do it.

Anyway if you feel so uncomfortable that you don't feel to share in public it must be some big mistake or maybe it is just you that think it like this. Just PM some senior member like Lion or Sweden it may make you feel more comfortable.

Anyway Good luck with what ever decision you make, but don't underestimate the consequences of withdrawal.

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
My friend, you are just trying to help I see. I have not written any lies, in the contrary. However, I can be obsessive about things, as I have been in the past. I am fully aware of this. In my case, I don't remember if I had put or not some additional proofs, that reading now, can be seen either way totally inappropriate.. It is probably nothing, but I think I would be much more calm if I re-submitt. I am not afraid of them scanning etc everything. What I know is what they have stated, that they cancel, refund your fees minus 75, send your docs back (can take up to a month) AND put a note on your file. This note at least will involve more scrutiny from the agent.

However, I wonder, due to my obsessive personality, that it would be better to give me peace of mind now, than worry the whole waiting process. I have probably made no mistakes at all, but the mere tought of having to appeal, seems a withdrawal much better. I am sure some of the people who have appealed wish they could have presented their things differently when they read their caps notes.

What I don't know is, that the price of this peace of mind (really to review everything, show to friends etc) would be too much to an withdrawal so I should hang on and have faith?

immigrationwaiting

Dec 31, 2012
SquirrelBR said:
My friend, you are just trying to help I see. I have not written any lies, in the contrary. However, I can be obsessive about things, as I have been in the past. I am fully aware of this. In my case, I don't remember if I had put or not some additional proofs, that reading now, can be seen either way totally inappropriate.. It is probably nothing, but I think I would be much more calm if I re-submitt. I am not afraid of them scanning etc everything. What I know is what they have stated, that they cancel, refund your fees minus 75, send your docs back (can take up to a month) AND put a note on your file. This note at least will involve more scrutiny from the agent.

However, I wonder, due to my obsessive personality, that it would be better to give me peace of mind now, than worry the whole waiting process. I have probably made no mistakes at all, but the mere tought of having to appeal, seems a withdrawal much better. I am sure some of the people who have appealed wish they could have presented their things differently when they read their caps notes.

What I don't know is, that the price of this peace of mind (really to review everything, show to friends etc) would be too much to an withdrawal so I should han
g on and have faith?

hey i would say stick with it.... since u said u havnt lied about nethin and only think some proof is missin... if that proof is important cic wil ask for it... very rarely if they think your application is grossly incomplete they will send it back themselves.. so please relax.. the whole process of withdrawing and resubmitting will delay your application... and let me tell u now u dont want ne delay.. a month may sound nothing rite now bt when in the end everyone who applied with you gets update and u dont, even one day can cause lot of stress.. and not to mention it will lead to overscrutiny of your second application.. so please my advice is to hang in there..

SquirrelBR

Jan 7, 2013
To clarify: I think some proof I put could at least call for an interview. I would really like to avoid that, so I prefer to review everything, and re-submit. I think that I have scr**ed myself by overdoing, which is a basic but common mistake. Since the note you get on the system if you withdraw is not good to have at all, and that may trigger an interview anyway, I wonder if I let it be it would be better.

However, knowing myself, I don't know if I should follow the impulse, withdraw, and so on. I know myself I wouldn't be able to handle an appeal. I would have much preferred to re-submit, so I would be more confident. This I know, and this decision I and my wife can only make for ourselves.

But I wonder if someone did this (withdraw and re-submit) and how things ended.

immigrationwaiting

Dec 31, 2012
Y r u so worried about an appeal?? Even if u get an interview (chances of whch increase if u withdraw and resubmit) u have a fair and square chance of convincing the vo dat ur relation is genuine. Pls dnt b negative n think abt an appeal rt nw. U hav just startd d proces n blv me wen i say bng positive is d only way to go abt it.. Gd luck

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
To be honest if you are doing this for peace of mind because you are a little paranoid (like everyone here lol) and may have missed this and that thing, trust me you will be even more worried and paranoid and stressed if you go through all this withdrawal and re application. Without talking about all risks and delay you will add to your application.

I saw some of your old post where you talk about apartment number you forgot to put, if it is things like this, just forget it, it is not important, any missing information VO will ask you to provide or to clarify. You can always send more proof and clarification later to reduce the chances of interview.

I personally thing that doing all this may mess up your application and give you the opposite output then what you are looking for.

Just relax and forget all about this till you are approved.

But at the end it is your choice what you want to do.