+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

urgent visitor visa application

Ghgh2014

Sep 9, 2014
We are Canadian Citizens. My wife is pregnant and we are applying visitor visa for my parents (Iran). We desperately need their help during this time. Is there a way to request urgent processing for the visito application? If so, is this at the time of applying (how?)or after we submit the application (how?)?

Thanks for your help in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are Canadian Citizens. My wife is pregnant and we are applying visitor visa for my parents (Iran). We desperately need their help during this time. Is there a way to request urgent processing for the visito application? If so, is this at the time of applying (how?)or after we submit the application (how?)?

There is no expedited processing. Her parents apply through the standard visitor visa portal.

Reactions: Ghgh2014

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

There's really no urgent processing stream. They need to apply for a TRV through the regular process. Sometimes IRCC will process an application somewhat faster if there's an urgent reason included as a letter. However these would be truly urgent situations such as terminally ill immediate relative, death in the family, etc. I don't think your situation would be considered as urgent.

I would be careful in saying you need them here to "help". That could be interpreted as an intent to work illegally (e.g. if it involves helping to take care of children). Might be better to say that they want to visit and be with their daughter in law at the time of the baby's birth (or something like that).

Reactions: Ghgh2014