+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent visa to attend funeral

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Hey , my aunt died on friday and her funeral is on coming saturday, my mom amd brother want to apply for visa to attend the funeral and there are only few days left
Do anybody know how to get an urgent visa ? Whats the procedure and how to do it?
Please reply soon if you have the information,
Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey , my aunt died on friday and her funeral is on coming saturday, my mom amd brother want to apply for visa to attend the funeral and there are only few days left
Do anybody know how to get an urgent visa ? Whats the procedure and how to do it?
Please reply soon if you have the information,
Thanks
Hi

There is no urgent processing. They can apply and explain the situation but aside from the processing time, just given the turnaround time to mail the passports and get then back, there is virtually no chance.

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
They are coming from punjab to toronto
My cousin sent an email to canadian embassy with the document about the funeral, and somebody told them my mom and my brother only have to take their passlort to chandigarh visa office and they'll either give the visa or not
But i am not convince that this happens
The person who made the document for funeral from funeral sadi they always does this
But i do think it works like that
Please if any body have any information please share it here
Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My cousin sent an email to canadian embassy with the document about the funeral, and somebody told them my mom and my brother only have to take their passlort to chandigarh visa office and they'll either give the visa or not
This is not true. Security personnel will not allow your mom and brother into the consulate.

Please if any body have any information please share it here
Sorry about your loss. On a realistic note, it is next to impossible for your mom and your brother to get TRVs within the next couple of days + the visa office may not be convinced about the need to visit.

Even if it is an urgent reason, the visa office will still evaluate their applications as regular TRVs to ascertain there is indeed a need to visit + strong ties and a good financial situation to return to Punjab. They can certainly try though

Reactions: bellaluna