+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Visa Refusal

Nov 2, 2017
Everyone , I have just received a refusal of my visit visa to Canada and I am gutted as i provided them with every reason and document possible in my reach.
My mother recently had an critical heart surgery so I wanted to visit my mother to put her and my father in good spirits.

Applying for visa i was very sure of my ties situation in Canada and clearly mentioned everything as I have my parents and two sisters (married) living in Canada. One of my brother lives in UK and my other sister lives in Lahore. All are married. I had no intention to stay there for more thn 20 days and i provided them with all the documents showing my ties in Pakistan with business and properties. Whats more surprising is them mentioning that they are not satisfied with my travel history. I have more than adequate travel history in last 5 years ,where each time i have travelled back to home country.

Documents Included:

Letter of Invitation and Purpose of Visit
Two Property Documents
Current Business Documents
Experience letter
Tax information
Current Banks Statements over 12000 cad in total
Monthly Salary Slips
Itinerary
Mother surgery reports
(Travel history)
(Stayed in UK for two years as Student) 2014- 2016
(Another travel on visit visa to UK after to returning to Pakistan) 2016
(Visit to UAE, Saudi Arabia and Turkey) 2016, 2020, 2019
in the last 5 years , returning to home country every-time)

I had the opportunity to apply for visa extension and immigration to UK after i completed my studies. However, that was never my intention and i came
back to my home country each time. Same goes for all these other countries i have visited where i could have applied for work permits and other ways to extend my visa.

Single, Male
Qualification : MBA (UK) BBA (Pakistan)

Dear
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusalvisa-application I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Kindly advise if i should reapply, as i think the travel history reason is just foolish and bizarre, as I clearly have a good travel history in the last five years.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Everyone , I have just received a refusal of my visit visa to Canada and I am gutted as i provided them with every reason and document possible in my reach.
My mother recently had an critical heart surgery so I wanted to visit my mother to put her and my father in good spirits.

Applying for visa i was very sure of my ties situation in Canada and clearly mentioned everything as I have my parents and two sisters (married) living in Canada. One of my brother lives in UK and my other sister lives in Lahore. All are married. I had no intention to stay there for more thn 20 days and i provided them with all the documents showing my ties in Pakistan with business and properties. Whats more surprising is them mentioning that they are not satisfied with my travel history. I have more than adequate travel history in last 5 years ,where each time i have travelled back to home country.

Documents Included:

Letter of Invitation and Purpose of Visit
Two Property Documents
Current Business Documents
Experience letter
Tax information
Current Banks Statements over 12000 cad in total
Monthly Salary Slips
Itinerary
Mother surgery reports
(Travel history)
(Stayed in UK for two years as Student) 2014- 2016
(Another travel on visit visa to UK after to returning to Pakistan) 2016
(Visit to UAE, Saudi Arabia and Turkey) 2016, 2020, 2019
in the last 5 years , returning to home country every-time)

I had the opportunity to apply for visa extension and immigration to UK after i completed my studies. However, that was never my intention and i came
back to my home country each time. Same goes for all these other countries i have visited where i could have applied for work permits and other ways to extend my visa.

Single, Male
Qualification : MBA (UK) BBA (Pakistan)

Dear
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

Get help to understand this letter and what you can do next. www.cic.gc.ca/visit-visiter/en/refusalvisa-application I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Kindly advise if i should reapply, as i think the travel history reason is just foolish and bizarre, as I clearly have a good travel history in the last five years.
Have you ever applied to immigrate to Canada? Are you married? Children?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have mentioned above , that im single, no children, and have never applied for immigration to canada.
I looked at your previous posts which is why I clarified. Have you applied to immigrate to another country? What is your parents status in Canada? The fact that you have 2 siblings in Canada and one in the UK does point to a family desire to leave Pakistan. Travel history to KSA, Turkey and UAE don’t generally count as strong travel history because it is easy to travel to these countries and there aren’t any ways to immigrate to some of the countries you listed. Canada wants to see that you have travelled and returned from the US, UK, Australia, etc. in the past 5-10 years.

Nov 2, 2017
I may have made some queries here and worked on options regarding immigration in past to Canada but what does it have to with visitor visa. As I have never further pursued applying for immigration to Canada or any other country as for that matter . My parents are permanent residents in Canada but the fact that i been to Uk twice, where my brother lives and is a national, once as student for two years and later as a visitor and returned is another proof that I don't want to leave my home country.

Moreover, I have a business and properties here in Pakistan. I only wanted to visit my mother as she recently had an open heart surgery and i wont be able to see her in the coming future since she's recovering. I know its different case to case but i have seen people getting visitor visa to Canada with worst travel history thn mine. Nevertheless, what do you suggest ? should i reapply ? or work on my travel history for future attempt ? , or given my case circumstances its always going to be difficult. Thanks.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I may have made some queries here and worked on options regarding immigration in past to Canada but what does it have to with visitor visa. As I have never further pursued applying for immigration to Canada or any other country as for that matter . My parents are permanent residents in Canada but the fact that i been to Uk twice, where my brother lives and is a national, once as student for two years and later as a visitor and returned is another proof that I don't want to leave my home country.

Moreover, I have a business and properties here in Pakistan. I only wanted to visit my mother as she recently had an open heart surgery and i wont be able to see her in the coming future since she's recovering. I know its different case to case but i have seen people getting visitor visa to Canada with worst travel history thn mine. Nevertheless, what do you suggest ? should i reapply ? or work on my travel history for future attempt ? , or given my case circumstances its always going to be difficult. Thanks.
It's hard to say what you should do. I think you do have a relatively strong profile.

You may want to consider ordering your GCMS notes to see the detailed reasons behind the refusals.

What evidence did yo profile to prove your business / employment?

It may also be worthwhile to just reapply. Sometimes those with strong profiles are lucky the second time around.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would order GCMS notes. Are your savings in a personal account or business account? Savings are on the low side. As @scylla has already indicated your best bet is to provide more proof of your businesses and employment in Pakistan. With 2 siblings and parents in Canada your ties to Canada are pretty strong compared to Pakistan. If you had a spouse in Pakistan or children that would have likely been enough to provide enough ties to Pakistan. Did your other siblings immigrate to Canada and the UK through marriage or via economic programs?

Nov 2, 2017
I have applied for GCMS notes, my savings are all in my personal account. My siblings in Canada got married to Canada whereas, my brother applied for a business visa. I think ill wait for GCMS and thn will update here with the notes. For improving travel history I am also thinking of applying for US visit visa , do you think now would be a good time to apply for it or should i wait for some time to pass as one of my visa got rejected.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have applied for GCMS notes, my savings are all in my personal account. My siblings in Canada got married to Canada whereas, my brother applied for a business visa. I think ill wait for GCMS and thn will update here with the notes. For improving travel history I am also thinking of applying for US visit visa , do you think now would be a good time to apply for it or should i wait for some time to pass as one of my visa got rejected.
US visas tend to be easier to get versus Canadian. Without travel to the US, the US visa doesn’t provide a lot of benefit. Given your age there may also be concerns that you may have additional plans in Canada like planning on marrying someone in Canada. The big issue is your lack of strong ties to Pakistan, lack of travel history, limited funds while having significant ties to Canada.