+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT visa approved online.How long will it take to receive letter introduction

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Me neither. I don't mind the waiting it's the not knowing when.
Hopefully his week will bring good news for us.

John, the start of yet another week!!

Tried looking at other sites for an answer to the same question John. No luck. Fingers crossed for this week!

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
John, the start of yet another week!!

Tried looking at other sites for an answer to the same question John. No luck. Fingers crossed for this week!

Sick of looking at the cic website only to see no new messages but new week, new luck? Fingers crossed.

Someone that i'm also in touch with applied a week before me and got theirs last Monday but they didn't go down the online application root so who knows?

Fingers crossed.

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Sick of looking at the cic website only to see no new messages but new week, new luck? Fingers crossed.

Someone that i'm also in touch with applied a week before me and got theirs last Monday but they didn't go down the online application root so who knows?

Fingers crossed.
John this may help.

A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail to my Canadian employers asking them if they could contact CIC to push things along. Got this reply tonight.

"Hi Mark,

We hope all is well. Kasia and I have been trying to clarify this situation as best we can from our end for you.
We have spoken with the CIC who referred us to the Canadian Visa application Centre in London who referred us to the High Commission. We spoke to the High Commission Office in London who advised us that you should have received a letter by now when your application was approved August 13 (the on-line application screen shot email you sent us on August 13).

This is the process as per the Hugh Commissions website page:
If your application is approved
If your application is approved, you will receive the following:
• A letter from the visa office will be sent to you confirming your authorization to work in Canada. This letter is not your work permit. Take the letter with you to show to the immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada. If you are a citizen of a country where a visa is not required to enter Canada, the letter of authorization may be sent to you by email rather than by mail.
• If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, the visa will be in your passport. For information on expiry dates, duration of stay, etc., please refer to After receiving a visa
When you arrive in Canada:
• Show your letter of authorization to the immigration officer at the port of entry. You must also show your passport and any travel documents you are carrying (such as airline tickets).
• The immigration officer will then give you a work permit that sets out the conditions of your stay and work in Canada. These may include your job title, your employer and the length of time you can work in Canada.

If you have not received any such letter is was suggested that you contact the High Commission by sending an email to them at LDNimmigration@international.gc.ca stating;
• Address to Dear Sir/Madam
• Provide your name
• DOB
• application reference #
• highlight the process concerns and request for status update.

This is what we have been able to source out as next steps. We hope this is helpful information.
Please keep us posted, thank you"

I am going to e-mail them tomorrow. I will keep you updated on any change.

regards

Mark

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
John this may help.

A few weeks ago I sent an e-mail to my Canadian employers asking them if they could contact CIC to push things along. Got this reply tonight.

"Hi Mark,

We hope all is well. Kasia and I have been trying to clarify this situation as best we can from our end for you.
We have spoken with the CIC who referred us to the Canadian Visa application Centre in London who referred us to the High Commission. We spoke to the High Commission Office in London who advised us that you should have received a letter by now when your application was approved August 13 (the on-line application screen shot email you sent us on August 13).

This is the process as per the Hugh Commissions website page:
If your application is approved
If your application is approved, you will receive the following:
• A letter from the visa office will be sent to you confirming your authorization to work in Canada. This letter is not your work permit. Take the letter with you to show to the immigration officials at the point of entry when you arrive in Canada. If you are a citizen of a country where a visa is not required to enter Canada, the letter of authorization may be sent to you by email rather than by mail.
• If you are a citizen of a country that requires a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, the visa will be in your passport. For information on expiry dates, duration of stay, etc., please refer to After receiving a visa
When you arrive in Canada:
• Show your letter of authorization to the immigration officer at the port of entry. You must also show your passport and any travel documents you are carrying (such as airline tickets).
• The immigration officer will then give you a work permit that sets out the conditions of your stay and work in Canada. These may include your job title, your employer and the length of time you can work in Canada.

If you have not received any such letter is was suggested that you contact the High Commission by sending an email to them at LDNimmigration @ international.gc.ca stating;
• Address to Dear Sir/Madam
• Provide your name
• DOB
• application reference #
• highlight the process concerns and request for status update.

This is what we have been able to source out as next steps. We hope this is helpful information.
Please keep us posted, thank you"

I am going to e-mail them tomorrow. I will keep you updated on any change.

regards

Mark
Thank you Mark!

I will get my wife to email this address in the morning.
You would have thought this email address would be available on the cic website. Unless it has passed me by. ::)
Here's hoping it will be soon. (shame we didn't know sooner though)
I'll keep you updated.

John

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
An email has been sent to the email address you provided, thanks again Mark.
Let's see how long the next waiting game lasts!

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
An email has been sent to the email address you provided, thanks again Mark.
Let's see how long the next waiting game lasts!
I have sent one as well!

Lets see the outcome!

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
IT'S ARRIVED!!!
:D ;D
Have you heard anything yet Mark?
ey

John, hat's fantastic news.

:) ;D :) ;D

Congratulations to you, your partner and the little one (who once again has to say "bye-bye!")

So chuffed for you.

Nothing yet to me. Perhaps tomorrow??

Did the e-mail go to your private e-mail address or your CIC one?

Once again, well done!!

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
IT'S ARRIVED!!!
John also meant to ask you about medical insurance.

I know at boarder control at the airport you have to provide evidence of medical insurance. Do you know if travel insurance will suffice or have you had to get a separate type? I will be getting world-wide annual travel insurance that covers trip for up to 90 days and return to the UK every 90 days for the weekend.

Regards

mark

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
Mark

My new company is covering this for me as they are putting me on a private plan. As far as I am aware this covers me from the moment I arrive.
Most companies offer something so it might be worth asking.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

John

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
IT'S ARRIVED!!!
Still no news from my end yet John.

Just a quick one. Did you hear from the CIC website or an e-mail to your private e-mail address?

Regards

Mark

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Still no news from my end yet John.

Just a quick one. Did you hear from the CIC website or an e-mail to your private e-mail address?

Regards

Mark
Both. I received an email from ldnimmigration and then it was closely followed by an email from cic.
I not know if it would help but as the subject of my email I did note it as urgent.

Keeping my fingers crossed or you mark.

John.

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Both. I received an email from ldnimmigration and then it was closely followed by an email from cic.
I not know if it would help but as the subject of my email I did note it as urgent.

Keeping my fingers crossed or you mark.

John.
Hey John

Good news. My letter arrived this evening. Already spoken to Canada and we have a 4 way conference call arranged for Monday!! :) ;D ;D

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Hey John

Good news. My letter arrived this evening. Already spoken to Canada and we have a 4 way conference call arranged for Monday!! :) ;D ;D

Brill! ;D

Will this meeting tell you when to go out then?

I'm just waiting for my flight to be booked and the details to be sent over to me. (yet another waiting game! Don't know how much notice they'll give me either, 1 week or 2days?)

Good luck with it all and keep in touch.

John

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Brill! ;D

Will this meeting tell you when to go out then?

I'm just waiting for my flight to be booked and the details to be sent over to me. (yet another waiting game! Don't know how much notice they'll give me either, 1 week or 2days?)

Good luck with it all and keep in touch.

John
Hi John

Well work start date now agreed for Monday 3rd November. Flying out the week before to get a GP and Insurance number. I already have a Bank Account there.

You all sorted?

Its been fun and it seems the e-mail to the High Commission worked for us both!!

Regards

mark