+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT visa approved online.How long will it take to receive letter introduction

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys *waves*

I urgently need your advice.

My visa has been approved online but I am still waiting for the letter of introduction to be sent through to me (via myCIC account). How long does it normally take to receive this letter?

My new employers want me over at the end of this month and I'm panicking that I won't have relieved my letter.

Additionally, if anyone has any contact numbers or email addresses for the London office please let me know.

Thank you! ;)

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
JohnS1989 said:
Hi guys *waves*

My visa has been approved online but I am still waiting for the letter of introduction to be sent through to me (via myCIC account). How long does it normally take to receive this letter?

My new employers want me over at the end of this month and I'm panicking that I won't have relieved my letter.

Additionally, if anyone has any contact numbers or email addresses for the London office please let me know.

Thank you! ;)

Hi i think it takes a week? I applied online as well, and when they requested for my passport for visa stamping, I got the POE Letter of Introduction after 6 days.

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Hi guys *waves*

Thank you! ;)

Hi JohnS1989,
I'm in more or less the same situation. I was "accepted" on August 13th and still no news yet!! What's your news? I'm in the UK.

Regards

mark

Ma

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Hi JohnS1989,
I'm in more or less the same situation. I was "accepted" on August 13th and still no news yet!! What's your news? I'm in the UK.

Regards

mark

Ma
No news here :(
I was accepted on August 13th also. I've emailed them but still no news.
Are you all ready to go Mark?

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
durchbeisser_17 said:
Hi i think it takes a week? I applied online as well, and when they requested for my passport for visa stamping, I got the POE Letter of Introduction after 6 days.
Thanks for your reply.
How long did it take for your passport to be returned?
I've not been asked for it yet.

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
No news here :(
I was accepted on August 13th also. I've emailed them but still no news.
Are you all ready to go Mark?

Hi John

Not really ready to go, as I have a wedding first week in October in the UK!! But I can be ready within a week.
It has taken me 2.5 years to get this far and my new employers remain excited as ever for my joining them. Its brand new to them as well. I read somewhere on the Canadian Gov site not to expect anything for 3 weeks once accepted.
I have a feeling that application from the UK do not require passports to be sent off and we can do that at Border Immigration once landed?
I still check twice a day though.
You ready to go??

Regards

mark

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Hi John

Not really ready to go, as I have a wedding first week in October in the UK!! But I can be ready within a week.
It has taken me 2.5 years to get this far and my new employers remain excited as ever for my joining them. Its brand new to them as well. I read somewhere on the Canadian Gov site not to expect anything for 3 weeks once accepted.
I have a feeling that application from the UK do not require passports to be sent off and we can do that at Border Immigration once landed?
I still check twice a day though.
You ready to go??

Regards

mark

Hi mark
Yer I'm all set to go. I was meant to be out the end of this month but it's looking very unlikely.
I've got my mrs checking my account throughout the day.
What are you going to be doing out there?
You heading east or west? I'll be out in Alberta, iron working.

John

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Hi mark
Yer I'm all set to go. I was meant to be out the end of this month but it's looking very unlikely.
I've got my mrs checking my account throughout the day.
What are you going to be doing out there?
You heading east or west? I'll be out in Alberta, iron working.

John

Hi John

My understanding is that once the Letter of Introduction arrives then a date can be set with employers?
My start date has been July, then August, now September, but I'd prefer mid October!
Just wondering what route you took? Mine was LMO for temp worker (can be extended once over there) and my application was finally submitted June 19th this year so from submission to acceptance was 8 weeks. Mind you, application for LMO went in Jan this year.
Me, based 1 hour north of downtown Toronto, working within the Criminal Justice world.
Not expecting any news until very early September?
Regards
mark

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Hi John

My understanding is that once the Letter of Introduction arrives then a date can be set with employers?
My start date has been July, then August, now September, but I'd prefer mid October!
Just wondering what route you took? Mine was LMO for temp worker (can be extended once over there) and my application was finally submitted June 19th this year so from submission to acceptance was 8 weeks. Mind you, application for LMO went in Jan this year.
Me, based 1 hour north of downtown Toronto, working within the Criminal Justice world.
Not expecting any news until very early September?
Regards
mark

I've got nothing booked to go out yet (my employers do all that for us) but my employers are very eager to start me on a new job that begins September 1st. It's out of our control though and the company are fantastic about it all.
I've applied for a temporary work visa, LMO exempt due to the nature of my work.
I submitted my application on July 28th so it's been a speedy process. It only took 3 weeks to be approved.
Originally i wasn't meant to be applying for my visa online, I was going to get it processed at the airport upon arrival (takes 30mins total) which would have been a lot easier but due to a legislation change I would have had to go out mid July and it didn't suit my family and I.
We're eager to get out no just due to work, but as we have a daughter of school age (in this country) and kindergarten age over there so we'd like to get over before the school term restarts over here again to save messing her around, she's already said bye to her friends once. Additionally the thought of moving in and sorting furniture during the snowy season doesn't appeal to my wife and I - at least not until we adjust slightly to the winter road conditions.
Is your LMO in place or is that still in the process too?

John

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
Hi John

Yes, LMO has been granted but due to expire end of Sept but as my application was approved whilst it was/is valid everything will be okay. I have a feeling we will both hear something this week!

Re winter. I was in Quebec in mid December a few years ago, -23 but it felt warmer than winter in the UK. its a dry cold rather than the wet one we get here that really chills you to the bone.

Don't know if you have ever visited Canada, but its lovely!

Fingers crossed for this week!

Regards

mark

cee12345

Dec 23, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC in Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-12-2014 (Received in Ottawa on May-14-2014)
Doc's Request.
Sent PCC on Sep-4-2014 (without any request from CIC)
AOR Received.
June-25-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Dec-22-2014
Med's Done....
Dec-23-2014 (by Dr. Gabor Lantos - Uploaded via eMedical on Jan-13-2015. ECAS updated to Medical Received on Jan-16-2015)
Passport Req..
March 23, 2015 at 9:37PM (ECAS Status changed to Decision Made on March 24, 2015)
VISA ISSUED...
March 25, 2015
LANDED..........
May 10, 2015
JohnS1989 said:
Hi guys *waves*

Thank you! ;)
Normally, they send this via Email.
Then, you will also receive a passport request - assuming you were not VISA-EXEMPT.

durchbeisser_17

Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 08,2015
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
August 17,2015
AOR Received.
December 4 , 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
June 2, 2016
Med's Done....
June 4, 2016
Passport Req..
January 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 27, 2017
LANDED..........
Inland
JohnS1989 said:
Thanks for your reply.
How long did it take for your passport to be returned?
I've not been asked for it yet.
I was asked for passport first before the POE Letter of Introduction. It took just 6 days to have my passport back. Right after I got my passport, the sent the POE Introduction the same day

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Hi John

Yes, LMO has been granted but due to expire end of Sept but as my application was approved whilst it was/is valid everything will be okay. I have a feeling we will both hear something this week!

Re winter. I was in Quebec in mid December a few years ago, -23 but it felt warmer than winter in the UK. its a dry cold rather than the wet one we get here that really chills you to the bone.

Don't know if you have ever visited Canada, but its lovely!

Fingers crossed for this week!

Regards

mark
Mark I've got fingers and toes crossed for us both! I hope you're right. My wife & I are torn between homeschooling our daughter till we go (provided it'll ony be a couple of weeks) or having to kit her out again, get her back into school and then take her out. She's already said bye to her mates and is getting quite upset over it all so the sooner the better!

keep me updated.
John

MarkPathak

Aug 2, 2013
JohnS1989 said:
Mark I've got fingers and toes crossed for us both! I hope you're right. My wife & I are torn between homeschooling our daughter till we go (provided it'll ony be a couple of weeks) or having to kit her out again, get her back into school and then take her out. She's already said bye to her mates and is getting quite upset over it all so the sooner the better!

keep me updated.
John

Still no news for me yet John.

Fingers crossed that this is the week!!!!

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
MarkPathak said:
Still no news for me yet John.

Fingers crossed that this is the week!!!!
Me neither. I don't mind the waiting it's the not knowing when.
Hopefully his week will bring good news for us.