Med's Done....
14-09-2016
Passport Req..
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2017
LANDED..........
02-12-2017
hey, how do you end up with this? My wife lived over there for more than 6 months. Right now, her police certificate is gonna expire soon, but the outland sponsorship application still not background check yet. She is moved back to China and live there now if the IRCC need her re-submit again, we don't know what to do also! please help!
The answer has already been posted twice in this thread..

Disclaimer, I am Vietnamese. The Vietnam Police Certificate is called "Phiếu Lý Lịch Tư Pháp Số 2", it's different with the no.1, which is for study abroad.

The only way you can do it is visiting Vietnam, where was the last time you were there. You have to wait up to 1 month for this complex document ever, even for me as a Vnese.

If you need anything more, I am pleased to help.
Unfortunately for No 2 you have to apply in person, and it doesnt seem to have any exception.

So you have to prepare a formal letter to apply for the police check in question, stating who you are, ID number, residential address; reason for applying the police check. Then you have to sign the letter in front of an authority, which is not the same as "So Tu Phap"; bring the letter to "So Tu Phap" and submit it with any required supporting documents.

I don't know why you have to do that in person, but seems like they are very strict about it.

For No 1, you can ask your parents to do it on your behalf. Where I went to, they said an authorisation was not required. All they need is your application (with form and supporting documents), your original ID, your parent's original ID, and documents that prove your relationship (ie birth certificate)

For foreigner who wants to apply for police check in Vietnam, it's pain in the you-know-what, and almost impossible.

All the above is my experience only. And it might not be the same in different city. That's what I've heard.

Good luck!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
hey, how do you end up with this? My wife lived over there for more than 6 months. Right now, her police certificate is gonna expire soon, but the outland sponsorship application still not background check yet. She is moved back to China and live there now if the IRCC need her re-submit again, we don't know what to do also! please help!
What exactly do you mean, it is "about to expire?" It sounds like you have already applied, unless your application takes years to process, IRCC is unlikely to ask for a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html

wish2018

Oct 9, 2017
What exactly do you mean, it is "about to expire?" It sounds like you have already applied, unless your application takes years to process, IRCC is unlikely to ask for a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/about.html
We applied the certificate in March 2017, but we submitted the application in June 2017. In this case, what about it? Is still valid until June 2018?

Also, I don’t see any info on the link that said if the process is over a year that what happens or how long would valid for. Maybe I missed.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
We applied the certificate on March, 2017, but we submitted the application on June, 2017. In this case, what about it? Is still valid until June, 2018?

Also I don’t see any info on the link that said if the process is over a year that what happen.
Go back to the link, read the 2 conditions for validity of the PCC. Was the PCC valid when you submitted it? That is the only question that matters. Since it was was less than 6 months old when you applied, then it appears to have been valid.

wish2018

Oct 9, 2017
Go back to the link, read the 2 conditions for validity of the PCC. Was the PCC valid when you submitted it? That is the only question that matters. Since it was was less than 6 months old when you applied, then it appears to have been valid.
ok, thanks! Also means I don't have to too much worry it now before June, 2018, Right?

wish2018

Oct 9, 2017
The answer has already been posted twice in this thread..
Some answers that posted before are not 100% right. "have to apply in person"???

I also post something relate it (check the links inside of my post that under my question):
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-after-police-certificate-expired-would-need-re-submit.544990/

From here: http://ttlltp.moj.gov.vn/qt/thongbao/Pages/thong-bao.aspx?ItemID=43

1. Submitting application dossier and collecting criminal record certificates in person at the National Center for Criminal RecordAnnex 1
2. Submitting application dossier and receiving criminal record certificates through postal service – Annex 2
3. Submitting application dossier directly to the National Center for Criminal Record and receiving criminal record certificates through postal service – Annex 3
4. Submitting application dossier through postal service and collecting criminal record certificates at the National Center for Criminal Record – Annex 4

Vietgirl

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
Some answers that posted before are not 100% right. "have to apply in person"???

I also post something relate it (check the links inside of my post that under my question):
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/how-long-after-police-certificate-expired-would-need-re-submit.544990/
You are right, you don't have to apply in person if you are overseas now. Things have changed recently and what I said before is not true anymore.

My advice is to call your local "Sở Tư pháp" because the rules/requirements vary slightly from one city/province to another.

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Hello all,

I thought my nightmare is finally coming to an end but CIC has requested for my wife's police certificate from Vietnam even though we have submitted a year ago. They say that the police cert we submitted was the wrong one. CIC requires "record no. 2" instead of "record no. 1". If you have gone through this process of getting the correct Vietnam police cert successfully, please advice on the steps and documents required to get the police certs. There is no information online and even the instructions on the Vietnam embassy website is so confusing and vague. The forms we are supposed to fill out are all in Vietnamese. WTF?!

Please help us if you know how.....

Hi,
I applied the Vietnam police check (No. 2) few months ago from Canada, and got it in about 2 months, the normal process would take less than 2 months.
You can find all the information on Vietnamambassy website over here.

https://vietnamembassy.ca/consular-services/criminal-check-police-certificate/

Your wife need to fiil out the Police check application form, copy of passport (info page), and a credit authorization form, send all these documents to Vietnam Embassy at Ottawa. They will send back to you the notarized police check application form and notarized passport in abt 1 week after received the docs. Remember to choose the guaranteed mail service. The fee for this notarization is around CAD 160.

When you receive these documents, you can send back to Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City (if your wife resided in Ho Chi Minh City), including the 2 forms you got from Vietnam Embassy, plus 1 A4 page showing all the information of the person who's living in Vietnam that can pay the fee for your wife, and the address to receive the police check. Please state all the information of that person (address, tel phone, relationship, etc). Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City receives your envelop, will contact that person to pay the fee, then they will proceed (takes 3 weeks) and send the police check to your address here in Canada. When your friend/ family pays the fee, please ask Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City to translate to English.

Hope this help!
Good luck!

Reactions: jes_ON

pantone1767

Feb 19, 2019
Hi,
I applied the Vietnam police check (No. 2) few months ago from Canada, and got it in about 2 months, the normal process would take less than 2 months.
You can find all the information on Vietnamambassy website over here.

https://vietnamembassy.ca/consular-services/criminal-check-police-certificate/

Your wife need to fiil out the Police check application form, copy of passport (info page), and a credit authorization form, send all these documents to Vietnam Embassy at Ottawa. They will send back to you the notarized police check application form and notarized passport in abt 1 week after received the docs. Remember to choose the guaranteed mail service. The fee for this notarization is around CAD 160.

When you receive these documents, you can send back to Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City (if your wife resided in Ho Chi Minh City), including the 2 forms you got from Vietnam Embassy, plus 1 A4 page showing all the information of the person who's living in Vietnam that can pay the fee for your wife, and the address to receive the police check. Please state all the information of that person (address, tel phone, relationship, etc). Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City receives your envelop, will contact that person to pay the fee, then they will proceed (takes 3 weeks) and send the police check to your address here in Canada. When your friend/ family pays the fee, please ask Department of Justice of Ho Chi Minh City to translate to English.

Hope this help!
Good luck!
Hi!

I saw you had to submit a vietnamese pcc. I lived and worked in Vietnam for a while and had to provide it too. I wonder if we could exchange info on that because it seems like my vietnamese pcc is under review and I don’t know the reason.

Thanks!

Linhcan

Nov 2, 2017
Hi!

I saw you had to submit a vietnamese pcc. I lived and worked in Vietnam for a while and had to provide it too. I wonder if we could exchange info on that because it seems like my vietnamese pcc is under review and I don’t know the reason.

Thanks!
Hi, Please inbox your concern, will see what I can help.

TROIDAY

May 10, 2019
For criminal record, the best way is to call the Vietnam Embassy in Ottawa or go to www.vienamembassy.ca.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Any updates on this? I am not Vietnamese but lived there for 1 year. I did all of the instructions for PCC - had my documents notarized, paid via a money transfer company, sent all to Vietnam (and applied online), it was received 2.5 months ago says Canada Post but I haven't heard anything at all...

tgoericke

Feb 4, 2020
Toronto, Canada
Hey guys. I'm also in this situation with the Criminal Report No.2 from Vietnam. My friend got hers a few months ago to apply for the PR here in Canada through an agent in Vietnam. The cost total was 3.9 million VND (CAD$223) including translation to English, Express Delivery to Canada. And it was done within 2 weeks without you being involved. Let me know if you would like me to share the contact?

Anna4498

Mar 5, 2020
Hey guys. I'm also in this situation with the Criminal Report No.2 from Vietnam. My friend got hers a few months ago to apply for the PR here in Canada through an agent in Vietnam. The cost total was 3.9 million VND (CAD$223) including translation to English, Express Delivery to Canada. And it was done within 2 weeks without you being involved. Let me know if you would like me to share the contact?
Hi, im Anh, same situation I’m looking for someone can help me get Criminal report no 2 while I’m in Canada, I’m Vietnamese, can you share me the contact please? Big thanks