+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!! US citizen. Stolen PR card and trip to Mexico.

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
British passports require an eTA to travel which a PR is not eligible for, unlike a US passport.

To fly back to Canada, any eTA you had before becoming a PR may be cancelled. So if this is the case, you would need a PR card or PR Travel Document obtained from London visa office in order to board an airplane back to Canada.

Alternatively you can travel to USA and cross into Canada by land, where only passport + COPR would be enough.
Hello Rob,

My son has a US passport and PR card in Canada. He needs to fly to the US soon but his PR card got stolen. He already applied for a replacement. WIll there be a problem flying back to Canada without a PR card? He has his original COPR to show at the canadian airport immigration officer. Hope to hear any advice. Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello Rob,

My son has a US passport and PR card in Canada. He needs to fly to the US soon but his PR card got stolen. He already applied for a replacement. WIll there be a problem flying back to Canada without a PR card? He has his original COPR to show at the canadian airport immigration officer. Hope to hear any advice. Thank you
He should be fine.
When boarding the airplane back to Canada, just present US passport and don't mention PR status to the airline. Fly as if he was a visitor/tourist.
When at Canadian airport, passport and COPR is more than enough to establish PR status with CBSA.

mermaid

Oct 21, 2014
He should be fine.
When boarding the airplane back to Canada, just present US passport and don't mention PR status to the airline. Fly as if he was a visitor/tourist.
When at Canadian airport, passport and COPR is more than enough to establish PR status with CBSA.
Thank u so much, Rob. Now I can stop worrying.