+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT travel. Family member extremely sick and on ventilator.

Mb17nu

Feb 20, 2021
My PGWP and TRV are expiring on 26th April. I have applied for PGWP extension and my PR application is processing. I need to urgently travel to India. I am afraid that if I am not able to return back to Canada before 26th because of flight cancellation or death of family member, I will not be able to keep my implied status outside Canada and will have to quit my job. Also, I will not be allowed re-entry. How can I keep my job after 26th if I am not in Canada and travel back?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
My PGWP and TRV are expiring on 26th April. I have applied for PGWP extension and my PR application is processing. I need to urgently travel to India. I am afraid that if I am not able to return back to Canada before 26th because of flight cancellation or death of family member, I will not be able to keep my implied status outside Canada and will have to quit my job. Also, I will not be allowed re-entry. How can I keep my job after 26th if I am not in Canada and travel back?
You will need a valid TRV to return to Canada. If you don't return by April 26th and your TRV expires, you will need to apply for a new TRV in order to be able to return. TRVs are generally taking several month to process right now.

If you think there is a good chance you will not be able to return by April 26th, I would speak with your employer, let them know the circumstances and ask if you can take a leave of absence from your job for a few months.

Sorry to hear about your family member.