+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT those who travelled recently

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Hi,
I'm travelling soon, what types of documents I have to show in the airport? It's not my first time travelling I'm in second year , should I show some enrolment verification or anything??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
- Study permit and proof your school is DLI with plan (may ask for proof you are in school when you arrive and not on a break)
- 3 day hotel quarantine booked
- 11 day home quarantine plan

asppats12

Sep 30, 2019
Hi,
I have a cousin who is going to Winnipeg from India. If the flight comes to toronto, do they have to stay at the hotel in Toronto first and then finish the quarantine in Winnipeg?

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
CBSA can ask anything they want. If you are arriving at the end of your term and it is summer break, they may wonder how much money you have given there is a shutdown in many parts of the country.
And what's minimum money should I have ? is 6k$ cad not enough?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
And what's minimum money should I have ? is 6k$ cad not enough?
Is that including the cost of your 3 day quarantine? Where are you living? Are you paying rent right now? $6k is not a lot if you haven’t counted the 3 day hotel quarantine, 11 day home quarantine plus food etc.

LittleQuestion

Star Member
Jan 10, 2021
Is that including the cost of your 3 day quarantine? Where are you living? Are you paying rent right now? $6k is not a lot if you haven’t counted the 3 day hotel quarantine, 11 day home quarantine plus food etc.
The university is going to pay 75% of my quarantine ( I just need to show all my receipts of 3 days quarantine and 11 days quarantine in the final destination ) and they will send me 75% of what I paid like 1 month later. When I calculated it, it's (1000$ - 3 days quarantine , same 600$ for 11 days quarantine in an apartment including meals (it's cheaper there, I found plenty in booking ). So It's enough and I will just pay 800$ for everything .

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The university is going to pay 75% of my quarantine ( I just need to show all my receipts of 3 days quarantine and 11 days quarantine in the final destination ) and they will send me 75% of what I paid like 1 month later. When I calculated it, it's (1000$ - 3 days quarantine , same 600$ for 11 days quarantine in an apartment including meals (it's cheaper there, I found plenty in booking ). So It's enough and I will just pay 800$ for everything .
Okay and if you have paid your tuition, you are good. Make sure your apartment is your own and not shared with people. What is your final destination?