+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent- Super visa enquiry

dr_anitspaul

Mar 30, 2018
Hi,
My parents got their super visa stamped last week and as per the new update supervisa holders can stay upto 5 years at a go. They are planning to travel next week and are planning to stay with me for around 1.5 year. I didnt purchase a return ticket for them. Was wondering if there will be any issue for them to board the flight from India and when they reach here at Canada? Is it mandatory to have return tickets or not. Kindly advise if anyone had their parents travelled recently. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

juris07

Jul 14, 2022
Hi,
My parents got their super visa stamped last week and as per the new update supervisa holders can stay upto 5 years at a go. They are planning to travel next week and are planning to stay with me for around 1.5 year. I didnt purchase a return ticket for them. Was wondering if there will be any issue for them to board the flight from India and when they reach here at Canada? Is it mandatory to have return tickets or not. Kindly advise if anyone had their parents travelled recently. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
It will be an issue. They will ask where they will go after their stay. You should purchase a ret tix.

inder13

Dec 17, 2018
Hi,
Thanks in advance
Return ticket is not required because super visa stay is valid for 5 years and no airline provides a return ticket beyond 1 year. You can book one way. If you wish to book return, it will be up to you because I found that one way and return ticket prices have very less fare difference.

dr_anitspaul

Mar 30, 2018
A return ticket is only required for a TRV. Airlines don’t book flights more than a year out.
I did inquire at the border service and they said they do not ask for a return ticket for a supervisa as they have validity for 2 or 5 years depending on date of issue.
But my concern is more towards whether they can board from India or not

Hymerista

Aug 2, 2019
Hi,
Thanks in advance
I understand the return ticket as proof is now 'optional' as per ircc site. However, can I ask when the initial application was made. I applied May 2021 and still waiting with absolutely no relevant update or information available!

dr_anitspaul

Mar 30, 2018
I understand the return ticket as proof is now 'optional' as per ircc site. However, can I ask when the initial application was made. I applied May 2021 and still waiting with absolutely no relevant update or information available!
Thank you for that update. Do you have any link to that page where it says so? If so kindly post it here.
As for the application, I applied at the end of May 2022 and got it stamped by 2nd week of July. The application was submitted after completing biometrics and medical as per the consultants that we had this given to.

gilrodriguez

Feb 7, 2018
Hi! Did your parents landed gracefully here in Canada with 1 Way ticket or a return ticket is required?
My dad is coming to stay with me & your input will be much appreciated.

dr_anitspaul

Mar 30, 2018
Hi! Did your parents landed gracefully here in Canada with 1 Way ticket or a return ticket is required?
My dad is coming to stay with me & your input will be much appreciated.
Yes they did, without any issues, while boarding from India as well as after landing here in Canada. Everything was smooth.

beti

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
26 sep 2015
File Transfer...
31 Oct 2015
Med's Request
9 March 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront 17 April 2015, re-medical done 17 march 2016
Interview........
Waived, DM April 2 2016
Passport Req..
April 4 2016,
VISA ISSUED...
IN SHA ALLAH soon
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH soon
hi did you submit any dummy tickets with your application?