+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent suggestion needed regarding legal caservices In India

Capboy

Nov 21, 2017
I am a PR still under 3 year undertaking by my citizen wife who filed false domestic violence case and criminal charges against me (no proof with her as these allegations are baseless).she lives in India and doesn't want to return to Canada while I live here.
1.Can I be forced to leave Canada (deported)if I am served a legal notice by the embassy in canada that there are some legal cases against me in india requiring my presence .
2.if I file a divorce case in Canada, does it harasses her in any way in India. My lawyer said if the citizen doesn't want to return to Canada, the govt has no powers to call her back even if u file a police case of domestic violence.so is it worth filing any case against her as she is the one who boycotted me in Canada and left
Your answers are well appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
1) short answer: yes, it is possible. The canadian government could extradite you to India if it was requested by the Indian government. There is a treaty between the two countries. I doubt however that they would go to the effort (it’s a long and difficult process that can take years), depending on the charges and circumstances.
2) she doesn’t need to be in Canada for you to file for divorce not sure if she would need to show up for anything, but you can divorce her if you have the grounds to do so.