+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent: Study Permit (Financial Proof)

Charlie.dak

May 12, 2015
Got accepted to McGill, applied to get the CAQ. Now I'm working on the study permit.
I reached the part where they need financial proof. What do they mean by this. A bank statement, a property that I have, a bank loan.
My tuition fees are 20 000$, do I need to show that I have 30 000$ in my bank account, or is there any other kind of financial proof?
Can I deposit my money in a bank for a period of time like 4 months and get a bank statement that I have a certain amount of money then after receiving the permit I can close the account or withdraw some of the money, or the money should not be touched until I complete my studies?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
First of all congrats.

Second , 30k CAD is a low amount for a student , they won't consider a 10k CAD as your living cost + your Medical assurance + flighting tickets + + +

You need to show a higher bank statement and the source of these money ( company register of ur parents or anything to prove that you didn't just deposit money to get a high number ).

you need at least 50k CAD in my opinion , and strong proofs that you would leave after your stay..

It's kinda hard , I am in the same situation as yours and waiting the study permit .

Charlie.dak

May 12, 2015
Thanks. One more question. Can I put something else as a financial proof? other than a bank statement ? My stay there is only for a year (Masters degree), aren't 10K enough for one year ?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Well , you do not want to put documents ONLY to prove that you have the funds.

You need also to prove that you will come back to your country , either by showing properties etc..

So yeah you need to put documents that support you financially and that prove you would come back.

And yeah 10k isn't enough for sure ! , to get airplane tickets ,rent an appartement , living costs and medical assurance which will cost around 600 CAD.

So take care cause they may take it as an excuse to refuse your visa.

I have showed that I have about 29k CAD , but I am an exchange student who won't pay anything at the canadian university.

So showing that you have 29k CAD in my father bank statement and giving them his company register documents ( that prove where do we earn money )

I think there is no problem.

I hope other members would also suggest and help , as I am only telling my point of view and opinion..