+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT !!! - Spouse open work permit - visa approved - but problem with letter

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Dear Friends,

Am an International student and my wife applied her paper-based visa application on Dec 1st 2016 she got her visa approved on Jan 10th.

After that we waited for letter of approval from CIC with the barcode (Letter with UCI number) - till date we have not received

Now she has her flight on 8th March - I need urgent help - What should we do?

How to get the letter? - Or is it possible to cross the border without letter from CIC - she has her VISA stamped

Help us

Vinith

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinithgandhir said:
Dear Friends,

Am an International student and my wife applied her paper-based visa application on Dec 1st 2016 she got her visa approved on Jan 10th.

After that we waited for letter of approval from CIC with the barcode (Letter with UCI number) - till date we have not received

Now she has her flight on 8th March - I need urgent help - What should we do?

How to get the letter? - Or is it possible to cross the border without letter from CIC - she has her VISA stamped

Help us

Vinith
How did she get her passport back? Did it not have the letter that you are expecting? If her visa is stamped then it should have her UCI no on it. So the letter that accompanied her passport is the only thing that CIC will ever send. Just check again and if she has her Visa then it should not be a problem.

Lets say if CIC forgot something then she can explain that at the port of entry and get her document there.

Michelle1978

Feb 28, 2017
I myself have a spouse with open work permit, and we never used a letter to cross the border. with the valid Visa in passport (not expired), that is all they asked us.

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
chikloo said:
How did she get her passport back? Did it not have the letter that you are expecting? If her visa is stamped then it should have her UCI no on it. So the letter that accompanied her passport is the only thing that CIC will ever send. Just check again and if she has her Visa then it should not be a problem.

Lets say if CIC forgot something then she can explain that at the port of entry and get her document there.
Hi Chikloo,

Thanks for the reply - yes, she has received her passport with VISA stamp and UCI details in VISA, but not any separate letter with barcode in it. Hope then there should be no problem.

vinithgandhir

Jul 6, 2016
Michelle1978 said:
I myself have a spouse with open work permit, and we never used a letter to cross the border. with the valid Visa in passport (not expired), that is all they asked us.
Hi Michelle,

That's so relieving, thanks for the reply :) :D

xyzabc123

Nov 19, 2017
Hi,

I got my TRV on 1st Nov. I haven't got the POE approval letter. Does anybody know if there is change in policy to not to issue POE letter anymore.
I sent email to Canada consulate in Bangalore to enquire about the letter and the reply seems to be a generic email mentioning that POE is not required in short. Could somebody suggest what can be done. I already created webform request but didn't got any reply yet.

Does anybody have any clue what can be done or do i have to just wait for the letter in any case.

Thanks

Last edited: