+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent! Spousal Application "Family Registration Certificate"

mohsan456

Feb 7, 2016
Hey guys, we just got a response for my wife from CIC requesting some additional documents along with the Scheduled A background form.

1) Client Information. Family Registration Certificate

She is from Pakistan and I don't think she has ever made a FRC because she has never needed one. She always used her B-Form wherever it was required of Birth Certificate.

My question is Do we need to goto NADRA office and get her a FRC. What are the steps in obtaining it.

Also I read on the websites that you can get an FRC issued with your spouse or siblings. Since I'm not in pakistan right now. Is it okay for her to get one that involves siblings. Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

yellow_cake

Jan 28, 2018
I'm in the same situation as you...

My wife received a request for the "Family Registration Certificate."
It looks like applying for the FRC is an easy process through NADRA's website: http://id.nadra.gov.pk/family-registration-certificate/

The thing is, NADRA gives 2 options for the FRC:
1) with parents/siblings
2) with spouse/children

I am unsure which one CIC is wants, they have not stated explicitly in the request, and it was not requested in the country specific docs...

yellow_cake

Jan 28, 2018
A little update:
I'm still unsure which FRC we're supposed to submit (spouse/children or parents/siblings) so we've decided to go for both... That way CIC can use whichever on it needs.

1. Applying for the spouse/children certificate was very easy through NADRA's website. My wife's CNIC profile already had me listed as her husband so it verified my CNIC number as her husband's without a problem.
We do not have children so I don't know how that play out for someone who does.
Now it's being reviewed by NADRA and I should receive an email once it's complete.

2. Applying for the parents/siblings certificate on the NADRA site was problematic.
There were no problems in verifying her parents since her mother/father's details are already linked to her CNIC profile.
But when entering her siblings' CNIC numbers in the application, they could not be verified since the siblings were not directly linked to my wife's CNIC profile.
So this means she could either proceed with applying online for the FRC with her parents only (which is not complete), or she would have to go to a NADRA centre to have her siblings' information linked to her CNIC profile.

So my wife's family will be looking into the matter, and hopefully I can give an update on how it all goes.

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
A little update:
I'm still unsure which FRC we're supposed to submit (spouse/children or parents/siblings) so we've decided to go for both... That way CIC can use whichever on it needs.

1. Applying for the spouse/children certificate was very easy through NADRA's website. My wife's CNIC profile already had me listed as her husband so it verified my CNIC number as her husband's without a problem.
Now it's being reviewed by NADRA and I should receive an email once it's complete.

2. Applying for the parents/siblings certificate on the NADRA site was problematic.
There were no problems in verifying her parents since her mother/father's details are already linked to her CNIC profile.
But when entering her siblings' CNIC numbers in the application, they could not be verified since the siblings were not directly linked to my wife's CNIC profile.
So this means she could either proceed with applying online for the FRC with her parents only (which is not complete), or she would have to go to a NADRA centre to have her siblings' information linked to her CNIC profile.

So my wife's family will be looking into the matter, and hopefully I can give an update on how it all goes.
maybe im too late, CIC would only be interested in FRC that shows you and your spouse and children. they dont care to see you parents in FRC if you are only sponsoring your spouse and any of your children if you have any.

still_hopeful

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
A little update:

I also have a query regarding FRC. I recently submitted a paper based application for PR to CIO Sydney NS. In lieu of birth certificates for my family, I submitted FRC which includes myself, my spouse and two kids. However, I'm really worried these days since I read on the forums that a couple of people got their entire application package returned due to not sending birth certificates. For applicants from Pakistan FRC is the most authentic document to establish proof of relationship and it can also be verified from the QR and bar code through Pak government website. I've also applied for NADRA birth certificates for all family members which I plan to send through raising a web form since I've not yet received my AOR. I'm a bit relieved to know that CIC is actually asking for FRC from Pakistani immigrants

Qurat ul ain

Feb 4, 2019
What if the husband is a foreign national and the marriage took place abroad? How to get an FRC in that case?

mansoor123

Jul 1, 2019
For FRC, does the primary candidate have to be the applicant for FRC? I am the primary candidate for immigration and but on our FRC my husband's name is written as the applicant name. Do i have to be the applicant in this case?

Ayesha_866

Feb 6, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
11-02-2021
AOR Received.
17-03-2021
File Transfer...
15-04-2021
Med's Request
01-07-2021
Med's Done....
27-07-2021
Passport Req..
16-10-2021
I also have a query regarding FRC. I recently submitted a paper based application for PR to CIO Sydney NS. In lieu of birth certificates for my family, I submitted FRC which includes myself, my spouse and two kids. However, I'm really worried these days since I read on the forums that a couple of people got their entire application package returned due to not sending birth certificates. For applicants from Pakistan FRC is the most authentic document to establish proof of relationship and it can also be verified from the QR and bar code through Pak government website. I've also applied for NADRA birth certificates for all family members which I plan to send through raising a web form since I've not yet received my AOR. I'm a bit relieved to know that CIC is actually asking for FRC from Pakistani immigrants
Hey I am under similar situation, Did you get the approval?