+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

URGENT!!! SOWP after receiving student's PPR.

shangrila

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello everyone. I am a student from India and enrolled in winter 2021 session in a college. Received my PPR on 24th Feb, and yet to get stamp on passport.
Duration of my course is 2 years and I want to apply for SOWP for my husband.
1. Is it necessary for me to have study permit/ letter of Introduction/ stamped visa in hand or can I still apply for SOWP based on information at present(college enrollment letter, fee receipt, GIC letter, letter of invitation)
2. As per section 205, please list all the documents required to submit SOWP

Thanks.

Reactions: Annamusam

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
Hello everyone. I am a student from India and enrolled in winter 2021 session in a college. Received my PPR on 24th Feb, and yet to get stamp on passport.
Duration of my course is 2 years and I want to apply for SOWP for my husband.
1. Is it necessary for me to have study permit/ letter of Introduction/ stamped visa in hand or can I still apply for SOWP based on information at present(college enrollment letter, fee receipt, GIC letter, letter of invitation)
2. As per section 205, please list all the documents required to submit SOWP

Thanks.
You can submit SOWP for your husband based on the Port of Entry letter(Letter of Introduction) you will receive in your GCKEY once TRV is printed on your Passport.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
there are several threads for list of documents for SOWP. Please check them out.

Basically attach
1)POE
2) your TRV (this is not necessary though)
3) Your enrollment letter
4) His Medical if upfront
5) His PCC (not officially required but many got requests)
6) His Proof of funds
7) An SOP written by him (you can find several tips on various threads about how to write this)
8) Your relationship proof (Including photos etc.)

shangrila

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
there are several threads for list of documents for SOWP. Please check them out.

Basically attach
1)POE
2) your TRV (this is not necessary though)
3) Your enrollment letter
4) His Medical if upfront
5) His PCC (not officially required but many got requests)
6) His Proof of funds
7) An SOP written by him (you can find several tips on various threads about how to write this)
8) Your relationship proof (Including photos etc.)

Thank you so much, about the SOP, I didn't find many threads and the one's which I did... everyone has different thing to say.. could u please provide a sample SOP or at least mention the points we should explain in the SOP, should we mention about his employability in Canada??

Annamusam

Nov 17, 2020
Thank you so much, about the SOP, I didn't find many threads and the one's which I did... everyone has different thing to say.. could u please provide a sample SOP or at least mention the points we should explain in the SOP, should we mention about his employability in Canada??
Hi..u applied?