+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Soft Landing Issue at Canada due to Corona Virus

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
this is the latest update from IRCC in their website.
I have been approved for permanent residence but haven’t landed; can I still come?
As announced on March 20, 2020, foreign nationals who were approved for permanent residence before the travel restrictions were announced on March 16, 2020, but had not landed yet, will be able to come to Canada. Those affected by these exemptions should not try to travel to Canada immediately. We will announce when the exemptions are in place, which we anticipate will be early during the week of March 22, 2020.

Question is even if they are ready to accept we don't have a way to travel considering the situation.

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
My flight also got cancelled, i had booked a flight for apr 14th, COPR expiring on May 9th. I am not in the favor of the exception to COPRs, why are they putting us at risk!? There is no flight and even if there are, they are just cancelling the reservations. How can we even fly? They should give more clarity on extensions. I hope they do. If anyone gets an update or information from IRCC upon extension, request you to please share.

Farahnaz11

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2019
App. Filed.......
March 08 2019
AOR Received.
April 10 2019
Med's Request
May 1 2019
Med's Done....
May 6 2019
My flight also got cancelled, i had booked a flight for apr 14th, COPR expiring on May 9th. I am not in the favor of the exception to COPRs, why are they putting us at risk!? There is no flight and even if there are, they are just cancelling the reservations. How can we even fly? They should give more clarity on extensions. I hope they do. If anyone gets an update or information from IRCC upon extension, request you to please share.
I am having similar situation here my husband got visa on March 20 since then there’s no flight from Delhi to Toronto until March 31 and his visa getting expire by May 12 so I am abit scared what’s the outcome later

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I have been approved for permanent residence but haven’t landed; can I still come?
Workers, students and approved permanent residents who haven’t landed should not travel yet. We’ve announced exemptions but they’re not in place. Travel restrictions are still in effect for these groups.
Only Canadian citizens, and permanent residents, and some foreign nationals travelling from the United States (US) who have been in the US for at least 14 days and are asymptomatic, are able to enter Canada by air at this time.

This is the latest update from 23 March 2020

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
anybody who is facing this issue please raise webform and let IRCC know. As long as it is in the record you guys will have a strong chance of deferring your entry.

Jyoti200502

Nov 16, 2019
Hello Forum,

I am Indian National and This is in reference with my permanent residence application that was recently approved on 11 Feb 2020. I was given only 45 days deadline which is 25 Mar 2020 to land in Canada. I have also received my COPR with same validity (25 Mar 2020). Due to Coronavirus outbreak situation, it is difficult to travel to Canada within the above said deadline. I had initially planned my travel on 14 March 2020 and 15th March 2020 via Germany but the flights got cancelled due to CoronaVirus situation. Also the transiting countries from home country have got a lot of confirmed coronavirus cases. Is it possible to extend the validity to land in canada considering the current difficult situation? Will this affect my current "approved" status ? Will my CRS scores, medicals and Police certificates be still valid with my application?

Also, the chances of getting quarantined in Canada as well as in India is high at the moment.

P.S: I have raised my concern via "WEB FORM" to IRCC and also contacted Delhi Immigration Office (IRCC- New Delhi) via phone, but they asked us to write an official email which i did as well.

Since the expiry date is very short and still no response from IRCC, are there any chances of extending the COPR validity?
Is anybody facing similar situation?
My husband is also facing the same issue. His COPR expires on 5th April. We have also raised our concern in the web form on cic website... but no response yet.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
I am having similar situation here my husband got visa on March 20 since then there’s no flight from Delhi to Toronto until March 31 and his visa getting expire by May 12 so I am abit scared what’s the outcome later
Thanks OP. Good post to connect with folks who are in similar situation. So...

My Mom's PR visa landing deadline is mid-May and the flight is scheduled for 1 April, Delhi - Toronto.

Lets see what new direction emerges from IRCC - guessing it could be opened perhaps mid to end-April - wild guess obviously. From a health and safety perspective not sure when will things be "safer" - in the next 2 to 18 months...anybody's guess really. Contemplating flight reschedule to early May. Or say second week.

When are you folks rescheduling for?
@CNP
@rajivmouli
@Farahnaz11
@Jyoti200502
@neeti2090

Reactions: ryeCatcher

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

My Mom's PR visa landing deadline is mid-May and the flight is scheduled for 1 April, Delhi - Toronto.

Lets see what new direction emerges from IRCC - guessing it could be opened perhaps mid to end-April - wild guess obviously. From a health and safety perspective not sure when will things be "safer" - in the next 2 to 18 months...anybody's guess really. Contemplating flight reschedule to early May. Or say second week.

@CNP
@rajivmouli
@Farahnaz11
@Jyoti200502
@neeti2090
CoPR expires 8th May. No reply to webform yet. if situation improves, planning for 4th May travel. Lets see

Reactions: hinavin

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020

@CNP
@rajivmouli
@Farahnaz11
@Jyoti200502
@neeti2090
COPR expires today. No reply to webform yet. Depending on extension guidelines, need to reschedule.

Reactions: hinavin

Nikmal

Star Member
May 30, 2018
CoPR expires 8th May. No reply to webform yet. if situation improves, planning for 4th May travel. Lets see
My COPR expires on 9th May. Turkish airlines cancelled my flight (DEL to Toronto via Turkey) for Apr 14th. I am not sure which flight i should book because you never know when the airlines will cancel your tickets.

Priya85

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Can someone please clarify what is the approval date- date stamped in the passport or the date reflecting in the account? For me the date stamped in passport is 10th March whereas in the account it shows status update date as 17th March.

Last edited:

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Can someone please clarify what is the approval date- date stamped in the passport or the date reflecting in the account? For me the date stamped in passport is 10th March whereas in the account it shows approval date as 17th March.
Most likely the approval date should be what it shows in your account because that comes directly from your case officer.