+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Urgent : Soft Landing Issue at Canada due to Corona Virus

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello Forum,

I am Indian National and This is in reference with my permanent residence application that was recently approved on 11 Feb 2020. I was given only 45 days deadline which is 25 Mar 2020 to land in Canada. I have also received my COPR with same validity (25 Mar 2020). Due to Coronavirus outbreak situation, it is difficult to travel to Canada within the above said deadline. I had initially planned my travel on 14 March 2020 and 15th March 2020 via Germany but the flights got cancelled due to CoronaVirus situation. Also the transiting countries from home country have got a lot of confirmed coronavirus cases. Is it possible to extend the validity to land in canada considering the current difficult situation? Will this affect my current "approved" status ? Will my CRS scores, medicals and Police certificates be still valid with my application?

Also, the chances of getting quarantined in Canada as well as in India is high at the moment.

P.S: I have raised my concern via "WEB FORM" to IRCC and also contacted Delhi Immigration Office (IRCC- New Delhi) via phone, but they asked us to write an official email which i did as well.

Since the expiry date is very short and still no response from IRCC, are there any chances of extending the COPR validity?
Is anybody facing similar situation?

rajivmouli

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Even in Delhi there is a lot of disease spread right? What if we don't travel before expiry? do we lose our PR status?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Even in Delhi there is a lot of disease spread right? What if we don't travel before expiry? do we lose our PR status?
I heard they are extending coprs. But if they don't then you will need to land or start express entry again from the beginning.

Canaspirant xyz

Aug 21, 2018
Hello Forum,

I am Indian National and This is in reference with my permanent residence application that was recently approved on 11 Feb 2020. I was given only 45 days deadline which is 25 Mar 2020 to land in Canada. I have also received my COPR with same validity (25 Mar 2020). Due to Coronavirus outbreak situation, it is difficult to travel to Canada within the above said deadline. I had initially planned my travel on 14 March 2020 and 15th March 2020 via Germany but the flights got cancelled due to CoronaVirus situation. Also the transiting countries from home country have got a lot of confirmed coronavirus cases. Is it possible to extend the validity to land in canada considering the current difficult situation? Will this affect my current "approved" status ? Will my CRS scores, medicals and Police certificates be still valid with my application?

Also, the chances of getting quarantined in Canada as well as in India is high at the moment.

P.S: I have raised my concern via "WEB FORM" to IRCC and also contacted Delhi Immigration Office (IRCC- New Delhi) via phone, but they asked us to write an official email which i did as well.

Since the expiry date is very short and still no response from IRCC, are there any chances of extending the COPR validity?
Is anybody facing similar situation?
Did you get response.I am in the same boat.Visa exp 25th March.About to fly on 21st but we are all banned.What will happen to our visas.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
No need to panic guys, as Canadian govt. has banned entry for all non-Canadian its not your fault anymore. Raise a webform and let them know that you can not travel due to COVID-19 outbreak and Ban on non-Canadian to entry Canada.

They are asking you to raise another webform when are you able to travel, so all in all this may delay your travel by few weeks.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
exactly, the govt just banned everybody except PRs, citizens and Americans from entering Canada.

So just raise a webform and ask for instructions.

They won't cancel the COPRs in such cases.

But it is important to raise webforms so that it's on the record that you had raised the issue.

ankurgupta325

Star Member
Jan 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
OINP
Did you get response.I am in the same boat.Visa exp 25th March.About to fly on 21st but we are all banned.What will happen to our visas.
In the same boat. CoPR expiring on 31st March. I was to travel on 21st March. I raised webform case and sent direct email to Delhi immigration email id. Waiting for any official update on CoPR extension. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

SCOTCAD

Star Member
May 20, 2018
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

As per this link, COPR and PRV holders are encouraged to travel if they CAN. Otherwise you can notify them via webform your reasons for not being able to travel and maybe request for extension of COPR.
This update was dated for the 15th, it does not reflect the most recent changes since the border was closed.